Project Engineer Intern, Infrastructure Data Center
Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our software operates to meet the demands of our customers. The Facilities Engineering Program Management (EPM) team is a global HQ based team that supports our data centers by providing global and site-specific designs for retrofits (brownfield projects). The ideal candidate for this role will have a technical background, with interest in developing a career in design or design management (project management) of multidisciplinary projects in operational critical facilities environment. This position is based in the Fremont, CA office.
Retrofit Program: Mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) or controls project impacting 2 or more of Facebooks operational data centers.
Retrofit Project: Mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) or controls project impacting a specific Facebook operational data center.Project Engineer Intern, Infrastructure Data Center Responsibilities
- Support Retrofit Design Program Managers (RDPMs) with global retrofit program design management activities.
- Development of RFQs / RFPs for design activities (Follow FB RFP template, Specifications list, Deliverables lists, Coordinate Review with Consultants / Answer RFIs).
- Coordination with data centers for obtaining relevant as-built documentation (drawings / submittals etc.)
- Initiate the purchase order workflow for design consultants after award
- Coordination of Design package development and reviews (Organize meetings, Tracking Comments and Adjudication, Tracking RFIs, Site specific CD design reviews – chair (help lighten load from RDPM in execution), expediting resolution with Engineer of Record)
- Organization and chairing of regular program update meetings
- Take part in field walks/visits during detail design and construction design to validate site conditions and coordinate Engineer of Record job walks.
- Provide input to schedulers for program design updates
- Support Retrofit Design Program Managers (RDPMs) with design activities required as part of the Facebook data center end of life and obsolescence programs
- Managing development of simple design packages for parts replacement (minor piping modification details for valve replacement for example)
- Produce monthly program update reports
- Assist RDPMs with producing, publishing and development of training material for new internal retrofit design management standards and guidelines.
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a B.A./B.S. or Masters degree in a technical/engineering discipline (mechanical, electrical, architecture or equivalent)
- Experience with communication, presentation, project management, and reporting
- Familiar with mechanical, electrical and control systems used in critical facility applications
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Past internship(s) or work experience as engineer, project engineer or project manager with design or construction firms
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op
- Operations or construction field exposure
- Fundamentals of Engineering (or EIT) certification
- Ambitious and avid learner
- Familiarity with BlueBeam Revu, BIM 360 Docs, and ProCore.