Do you have a passion for public service and a background in traffic design? Join our team as a traffic designer! In this position, you will support our Region 4 Traffic Section on engineering design, analysis and investigations. If you like exciting work and want to help us to keep Oregon’s roads safe, apply today!
The goal of this recruitment is to fill this position at an associate in engineering 2 level. However, we encourage candidates who meet the minimum qualifications for an associate in engineering 1 ($4,075 - $6,264) to apply, as we may consider underfilling the position until the selected candidate meets the minimum qualifications for an associate in engineering 2. Underfill training will not exceed three years.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
A day in the life:
· Prepare designs and contract plans under the supervision of a licensed professional engineer (PE).
· Coordinate and consult on design activities with internal and external business partners.
· Review and make recommendations on plans, special provisions and estimates.
· Collaborate on development and implementation of traffic control technologies and devices.
· Participate in field visits to research, gather data and provide analysis on traffic projects.
· Serve on interdisciplinary project teams from scoping through construction.
· Attend public, agency and external business partner meetings as a technical resource.
· Monitor requirements of statewide standards and make revisions for compliance.
· This position primarily works in an office environment.
· Expect to work outdoors, including in inclement weather and in heavy traffic conditions, about 10% of the time.
· Statewide travel is occasionally required.
What’s in it for you:
- Work/life balance, 10 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
- Live, work and play in Bend, Oregon!
What we need:
Completion of and passing score on the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam AND one year of experience applying professional engineering theory, principles and methods.
What we need for the associate in engineering 1 underfill option:
A bachelor's degree in civil or transportation-related engineering.
Completion of and passing score on the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
You will be required to use a vehicle to conduct business. You must possess and maintain a valid driver license and acceptable driving record. Your license does not have to be issued in Oregon to be considered.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these desired qualities, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward!
- Knowledge of traffic engineering, traffic operations and traffic design (signs, signals, illumination, striping) principles.
- Experience preparing construction specifications and estimates.
- Field construction experience related to the transportation industry.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in computer aided drafting and design using MicroStation and InRoads.
Learn more and apply!
This recruitment will close at 11:59 p.m. on 12/10/2020.
Click on the green "Apply Externally" button to learn more and apply! Please note that we can only accept applications through our website.
Questions? Call 503-931-1206 or email ODOTRecruitmentLB@odot.state.or.us
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer