Bausch Health Companies Inc. (NYSE/TSX: BHC) is a global company that develops, manufactures and markets a range of pharmaceutical, medical device and over-the-counter products, primarily in the therapeutic areas of eye health, gastroenterology and dermatology. We are delivering on our commitments as we build an innovative company dedicated to advancing global health. Each day, Bausch Health products are used by over 150 million people around the world.
Our approximately 21,000 employees are united around our mission of improving people’s lives with our health care products, and we manufacture and market health care products directly or indirectly in approximately 100 countries.
Provides technical leadership and management for a team of scientists and chemists in support of drug development activities under GLP and cGMP regulations. Provides troubleshooting advice based on job holder’s expert laboratory skills. Provides leadership for Analytical Sciences’ projects and provides input in the proposal and budget process.
- Ensures that day-to-day laboratory work is scientifically sound and in accordance with protocols, standard operating procedures, and regulations.
- Provides a high level of experimental design and data interpretation
- Identifies problems and provides troubleshooting for analytical processes and analytical problems
- Proactively reviews operations and contributes to development of standard operating procedures and training programs
- Independently prepares Analytical Sciences’ validation protocols and reports
- Effectively communicates with managers and staff inside and outside the department on project status and problems encountered
- Ensures accurate calculations and documents work in compliance with DPS procedures
- Performs final review of notebooks and data for staff members
- May provide training, supervision and scheduling assistance for technicians and other chemists in areas of expertise
- Represents department on project teams
- Actively participates in or leads laboratory safety programs
- Expert in topical analytical development with emphasis in analytical chemistry techniques and applications
- Ability to exercise independent intellectual judgment based on the individual’s specialized skills in the field of science
- Able to train others
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Technical project leadership abilities
- Safety minded in performance of duties
- Quality minded with ability to perform work with accuracy and in accordance with established procedures
- Effectively communicates with managers and team members
- Organized and able to perform duties in a timely manner
- Must have sufficient manual dexterity to perform laboratory testing in a manner to provide precise and accurate results and work in a safe manner
- Vision must be suitable for performing detailed inspections
- May be required to move items weighing up to 25 lbs.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time to perform laboratory work
- Individual is required to wear and use appropriate protective equipment in laboratory areas
- Must be able to work with standard laboratory chemicals and biological materials under normal safety precautions
- Must be able to work with computers, general laboratory instrumentation, and chromatographic instrumentation
- Able to clearly and effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
This position may be available in the following location(s): US - Petaluma, CA
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Job Applicants should be aware of job offer scams perpetrated through the use of the Internet and social media platforms.
To learn more please read Bausch Health's Job Offer Fraud Statement.