Physician Resources Specialist
Apogee Physicians is the largest, entirely physician owned and led hospitalist group in the nation. Our group is growing at an incredible pace; we are seeking ambitious, self-directed high-achievers that are able to work independently and as part of a team, set personal goals, identify obstacles and solutions and take personal responsibility for the accomplishment of their individual and team performance objectives.
As part of the Physician Resources team, this individual will assist Program Directors in fully staffing their programs as well as be accountable for completing schedules for understaffed programs.
Summary of Duties:
- Work with Program Directors (PDs) to ensure that each program has back-up staffing from appropriate resources. This is for short and long term needs.
- Determine whether potential Independent Contractors/Locum Tenens are qualified to handle coverage requirements by reviewing the CV’s with the site Program Director.
- Build relationships with all Apogee clinical staff in each program to create a positive resource pool.
- Each specialist will oversee the staffing/schedules for 20-25 programs (about 100-125 clinical staff)
- Discuss specific program details with potential Independent Contractors, Locum Tenens, or Apogee physicians providing cross coverage, i.e. coordinating orientations prior to starting work, explaining the staffing/scheduling models, clinical expectations, and the volume of work /work flow.
- Maintain a database of resources for every program this individual is accountable for.
- Be flexible and assist team members to find resources to schedule other programs, if needed, including working with other departments (Credentialing, etc.) to ensure a provider is available for critical staffing shortages.
- Negotiate compensation rates for providers when dealing with critical staffing shortages. Submit all payroll paperwork for your clinical staff in its entirety in a timely manner.
- Be available and responsive for all Apogee related issues; requires on-call availability (including nights and weekends), when necessary to ensure adequate backup to scheduled locations.
- Work with all of the Physician Resources Team to confirm Travel Team Providers are assigned to programs, on a monthly basis.
Apogee offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package as well as an incentive program. Qualified candidates please include you resume and cover letter with salary requirements.