Integrative Vegetation Management Technician
This natural resource management position provides Integrative Vegetation Management (IVM) support to the ACHD Stormwater Basin and Swale Vegetation Management crew. The IVM Technician is responsible for the maintenance of desirable and non-desirable vegetation in over 30 storm water basins and roadside swales. They work as part of a team to execute the vegetative restoration goals established by Ada County Highway District.
· Adheres to safety procedures including conforming to all OSHA standards and properly using personal protective equipment (PPE).
· Performs manual and mechanical weed removal based on weed pressure and site specific needs.
· Removes trash and excess debris to prevent reduction in growth of desirable forbs and grasses.
· Assists in annual reseeding of specific basins to establish new growth of desirable species.
· Reduces the propagation of undesirable vegetation.
· Trims excess new growth to eliminate fire hazard potential.
· Knowledge of basic landscape equipment including line trimmers, blowers, and hedge trimmers.
· Strong interest in vegetative management and ability to learn and execute integrative vegetation management methods and procedures.
· Willingness to learn and be knowledgeable of plant species including native forbs, perennials, and forbs.
· Passion for environmental restoration and sustainable water quality management.
· Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
· Pre-Employment drug test required.
Compensation for this position is $12.00 to $17.00 hourly depending on experience. To apply please send a resume and three references to Carl Vitale at email@example.com. Expected start date is March 1st, 2021.