Manufacturing Engineering Internship
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer Intern
Reports To: Value Stream Manager
A. BASIC FUNCTION:
Support the Value Stream Managers (production managers) in improving production flow through understanding and implementing lean manufacturing methodologies.
B. PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities and duties may include:
· Cell and process development to improve production flow.
· Production modeling and cycle time development.
· ‘5S’ (Sort, Set in order, Standardize, Shine & Sustain) activities to improve visual systems.
· Jig design to improve manufacturing process steps.
· Visual system development of various manufacturing and manufacturing support systems.
· This position is regularly scheduled to work up to 4 days per week / 10 hours per day (7:00 am – 4:30 pm). Overtime on an as-needed basis. Part-time, while attending school, is also available at a minimum of 4 hours per day.
· Travel as not required
D. REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Knowledge and application of basic problem-solving skills and engineering skills (math, science, etc.).
· Must possess the ability to learn quickly, be self-motivated and work well independently.
· 3D CAD & Controls experience is preferred.
· Ability to use hand tools and cutting tools.
· Demonstrated ability to provide sound design judgment and technical knowledge in a professional manner.
· Must possess strong interpersonal abilities and the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
· High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
· Must enjoy working with your hands.
· Must show strong attention to detail.
· Minimum of a Junior standing in BS Engineering Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or closely related).