NILE Internship Program 2021
The NILE is offering the experience of a lifetime!
The Northern International Livestock Exposition (NILE) is looking for college students who are willing and able to work all day and into the night, eat and sleep minimally, handle high pressure situations, work in the extreme weather conditions of October in Montana, and enjoy every minute of it.
NILE staff is looking for those college kids who are little obsessed, a little quirky, and have a lot of heart. We want those who eat, breathe, and sleep stock shows and rodeos. We want those who can function on minimal sleep and maximum caffeine. College kids who have brains and brawn-handle high pressure critical thinking and not be afraid to pick up a pitch fork.
From the bright lights of the rodeo arena, to the heart pounding hooves of the horse events and finally to the smells of adhesives in the cattle barn, you won't want to miss out on the action! The internship is ten days of early mornings and late nights. Some interns work the livestock show ring; checking in exhibitors, lining up steers, shuffling sheep, and recording results. Other interns set up horse awards, buck bales, and score keep the ranch rodeo. All interns laugh, goof around, and get stuff done. The work details are to be determined, but we guarantee they'll be valuable!
We get it, the NILE is during the school months and it's hard to get away, but believe us, it's worth it for the experience! Yes, the NILE is months away, but it's not too soon to start thinking about your future. Many of the NILE's past interns are gainfully employed and attribute some of their success to the NILE internship experience. Scholarships given to interns that complete the program following the NILE Stock Show & Rodeo. Scholarships are paid directly to the students institution to be applied for the Spring 2022 semester. Apply today and set yourself up for success.
All we are missing is this year's group of interns! It could be YOU!
- Work under supervision of NILE Livestock Office Personnel and respective division committees to produce respective shows and events in the Breeding Cattle, Club Calf, Jr. Fed, Merit Heifer, and Youth Event divisions.
- Assist with show check-in of livestock animals and exhibitors
- Assist with daily preparation of show day materials and show duties (show books, awards, show info, stand in announcer of shows, clerking, ring steward etc.)
- Support the overall implementation of all horse events (with specific focus for the ranch rodeo, horse shows, and horse sales) under the supervision of NILE Equine Programs Director and Horse Committee
- Assist with management of the NILE Ranch Rodeo Finals
- Assist with check in of horse exhibitors, consignors, and buyers (post show draws/results, clerk, manage cattle, hang signage, etc)
Media/General Emphasis (opportunity exists for Media Intern to work throughout Fall 202 semester)
- Work under supervision of NILE Rodeo Management and Vintage 5 to produce respective rodeos and related events
- Assist NILE Trade Show in setup and work directly with vendors of the Trade Show.
- Populate posts & social media correspondence (Facebook, Instagram & other accounts)
- Assist with fulfillment and delivery of Media benefits (write daily press releases, update Livestock Wall of Champions, etc)
Want more information on how to apply? Go to www.thenile.org for all the answers! All applications must be in the NILE Office by July 30, 2021 and interns will be announced shortly thereafter.
Questions? Contact the NILE Office at (406) 256-2495 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.