Utility Forester/Arborist/ Vegetation Management Specialist $30-$55/hr. – Recruitment
Utility Forester/Arborist/ Vegetation Management Specialist $30-$55/hr.
Now accepting resumes for future opportunities. Note: all of this work is located in Western U.S., with emphasis in California (travel, overtime, and per diem apply) Please be advised that ArborMetrics does not have a current opening for this position, but we expect to have openings in the future. Qualified individuals who express an interest and provide their information may be contacted in the future and asked to formally apply for the position.
ArborMetrics Solutions, LLC (AMS) is now accepting resumes for Vegetation Management Specialist, we are seeking a motivated and highly skilled individual to provide expert consulting/field services and project management for multiple clients’ vegetation management programs and disaster response efforts. Preferred credentials include but not limited to: ISA Certified Arborists, TRAQ Qualified Arborists, Registered Professional Foresters, Project Management Professionals (PMP), and Certified Tree Safety Professionals (CTSP). Note: all of this work is located in Western U.S., with emphasis in California (travel and per diem may apply).
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Conduct detailed field assessments that identify/target specific vegetation management needs per clients’ specifications – including site evaluations, hazardous tree evaluations, wood/debris management plans
- Supervises/conducts inspections, and surveys to collect and analyze data to provide advice and recommend solutions and work plans
- Strong customer skill set required with emphasis on conflict resolutions, must be highly organized
- Meet with landowners, agencies, municipalities, and other utility stakeholders and contract representatives to respond to concerns, questions and /or issues about vegetation management work
- Provide support/management of vegetation management contractors for routine, emergency, and/or other special projects as they relate to clients’ vegetation management programs
- Participate in public presentations, hearings, and meetings
- Assist with documenting, tracking, and reporting project/program specific goals/milestones
- Initiate, supervise, oversee and/or develop requirements from a project’s inception to conclusion for vegetation management programs
- Provide strategic advice, technical guidance, and expertise to program and project staff
- Provide detailed analysis, reporting, technical writing, evaluation, and recommendation for improvements, optimization for program challenges/issues
- ISA Certified Arborist (if applicable for position), Utility Specialist is a plus
- TRAQ Qualified Arborist (if applicable for position) – may be asked to provide detailed tree evaluation, inspection, analysis, and reporting
- Registered Professional Forester (if applicable for position) could be required to oversee vegetation management contractor and subcontractor to ensure compliance of the California forest practice rule requirements for operational permits. RPFs could also be asked to oversee LTO's felling, removing, and processing hazard trees
- Certified Tree Safety Professional (CTSP, if applicable for position)-seeking individuals with technical tree experience to serve as safety leadership experts – climbing/bucket/crew lead experience required
- Project Management Professional (PMP, if applicable) – seeking individuals with field & project management experience in forestry/arboriculture/vegetation management programs and processes
- Continuing education opportunities to help employees obtain/pay for professional credentials
- Company vehicle provided
- Company phone and computer provided for work use
- Work from home options may be available (if applicable to position)
- Benefits of employment include: health insurance, dental insurance, 401K with company match, paid holidays, paid sick leave, paid vacation, safety incentive bonus, paid training, short term disability, long term disability
- Possible Requirements (may include but not limited to): Registered Professional Forester, TRAQ Arborist, Project Management Professional (PMP), ISA Certified Arborist, or ability to obtain ISA certification within 6 months, ISA Utility Specialist is a plus
- At least 18 months applicable work experience in vegetation management/forestry or related field is preferred
- 2-4 year degree in Forestry, Natural Resource Sciences/Management, Horticulture or related field preferred
- Ability to identify local trees and knowledge of growth rate
- Ability to work in rugged terrain and inclement weather
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple and competing tasks, appropriately delegate and track work tasks and hold individuals accountable for work completion
- Excellent personal computing skills. Familiarity with MS Office products
- GIS knowledge preferred; at a minimum, ability to interpret and use maps
- Ability to quickly learn equipment used for vegetation management and utility’s Tree Pruning and Pre-Inspection standards
- Working knowledge of ISA BMPs for Utility Pruning
- Ability to work long hours for extended period of time is possible
- Valid driver’s license
- Hazards:Works in all temperatures and weather
- May work around excessive noise from machines, chain saw, wood chipper and other equipment requiring hearing protection
- May be exposed to nature i.e., irritating plants and biting or stinging insects, and dust
- May work on uneven terrain
- May be exposed to dogs and other animals
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.