Nutritionist IV (Public Health/WIC)-Florence County Health Department
Careers at DHEC: Work that makes a difference!
Pursuing Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Promoting Teamwork, and Embracing Service
1. Assess and diagnose the nutritional status of clients with high risk and/or complex nutrition-related medical conditions with referred from WIC, MCH programs, as well as other health care providers. Develop and implement nutrition interventions including counseling, follow-up, referrals and coordination of care with other health care providers. Provide and document care utilizing the Nutrition Care Process (NCP) and according to program policy. Issues breast pumps to WIC certified breastfeeding participants according to policy.
2. Approve, document, distribute and track special and metabolic formulas by program policy and procedures. Provide consultation and technical assistance related to special formulas to staff and health care providers.
3. Provide professional expertise, consultation and technical expertise and assistance to health care team members, health care providers, community organizations, staff and the public. Participate in the orientation and training nutrition staff as requested. Serve as a preceptor for dietetic interns completing supervised professional practice experiences in the region.
4. Assist in the planning, implementation and evaluation of WIC/MCH nutrition services. Assist with quality assurance processes for WIC program nutrition services, assist with WIC certifications, nutrition education and special formulas as needed.
5. Update professional skills and knowledge to assure delivery of quality nutrition services. Participate in continuing education opportunities. Complete and maintain advance certification(s) required for the position. Participates in disaster preparedness as outlined during hazardous weather or declaration of emergency subject to on call on a 24-hour basis.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.