Senior Ecological Consultant
Davey Resource Group, Inc., “DRG”, is seeking a Senior Ecological Consultant professional with a minimum of 8 years of experience in project management in the field of natural resources consulting. DRG provides a full array of consulting services in the areas of natural resource permitting and ecological restoration to clients in the private and public sectors throughout the Midwest.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with our project developers, biologists, and other project managers.
- Require a working knowledge of and ability to coordinate stream/wetland restoration design, NEPA documentation, endangered species surveys, and management of a variety of projects that may include permitting, monitoring, and ecological restoration.
- Key focus of this position is to provide leadership and expertise on ecological and restoration projects for DRG’s expanding Michigan team.
- Reviewing proposals, project and crew management, developing approaches to ecosystem management and restoration, networking, and identifying new client relationships and project opportunities.
Job responsibilities include:
- Optimize existing client relationships and diversify project experience in Michigan.
- Provide senior level technical expertise to clients and team in one or more of ecosystem restoration, wetland/stream permitting and design, or ecological surveys and assessments.
- Pursue work in public and private markets, manage client relationships, provide leadership in preparing bids and proposals, and perform administrative duties, as needed.
- Routine management of multiple projects at one time, preparing/reviewing/implementing work and construction plans, invoicing and labor tracking, performing final QA/QC of work performed, and supervision of subcontractors.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with co-workers and clients.
- Position involves marketing tasks, such as attending conferences/workshops and public speaking.
- Pursue speaking opportunities at conferences/workshops.
- Contribute to DRG’s safety-minded culture.
- Excellent native and invasive plant ID skills required.
- College graduate with a minimum of a four-year degree in biology, botany, ecology, conservation, environmental science, or related fields.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience, working in natural resource restoration is required. Valuable professional credentials include PWS, ESA Certified Ecologist, and/or CPESC.
- Must have experience working in a wide range of habitats, both natural and disturbed, and assessing their condition, health and functionality according to client specifications.
- Must be able to identify both native and non-native botanical species, understand their typical characteristics and recognize common diseases and pests.
- Must be Michigan Certified Pesticide Applicator(s) or have the ability to gain certification upon hire.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs and Google.
- Ecological consulting experience in the state of Michigan and be proficient with state laws and regulations, particularly surrounding wetland regulations. Candidate(s) should be Michigan Certified Pesticide Applicator(s) or have the ability to gain certification upon hire.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have a good driving record.
- Long hours and some travel may be required. We are seeking team players with excellent written and oral communication skills and a professional work ethic with attention to detail and safety.
Additional information: Full time position, starting date to be determined. Excellent Compensation based on qualifications and experience. Pre-employment Drug Screen and E-Verify Social Security verification required. Davey Resource Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is Employee Owned.