Neuroscience Specialty Representative (Los Angeles, CA)
As a Neuroscience Specialty Sales Representative, you will be responsible for:
- Execute and promote products in alignment to sales strategy in the assigned territory. Frequent collaboration with the District Sales Manager to respond to their day-to-day sales and strategy direction related to product promotion activities.
- Analyze local market, develop, execute and monitor performance and results to maximize the appropriate use of the product in defined territory.
- Maintain a high and current level of product, disease, competitive and market reimbursement knowledge.
- Determine, implement and monitor optimal resource (i.e. Budgets, time, etc.) allocation within assigned territory.
- Effectively and persuasively communicate using advance selling and negotiation skills, relevant information to identified target audiences.
- Identify, build and leverage advocacy channels.
- Secure product access and reimbursement within institutional systems as needed.
- Manage travel and promotional budget.
- Fulfill all monitoring and reporting requirements including expenses and call reporting using approved systems and processes.
- Maintain full compliance to all laws, regulations and Vanda Policies.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- BS/BA degree required
- Minimum 3 years of pharmaceutical sales experience preferred
- Atypical anti-psychotic experience and/or orphan drug experience preferred
- Preferred specialty experience in psychiatry, bipolar, depression, CNS or pain management will be considered
- Reimbursement experience preferred
- Self-Starter, Goal and Results driven – proven track record of above average results
- Possess fortitude to sell and compete and driven with ‘hunter’ mentality
- Strong relationships and knowledge of the territory preferred
- Ability to travel (may include overnights)
- Must reside within territory geography
- Goal and results driven – proven track record of above average results
- Highly clinical, patient centric and tactical with excellent communication skills (interpersonal, verbal, written)
- Ability to navigate complex markets and organizations
- Outstanding work ethic
- Dynamic, High-impact individual
- Effective selling and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions
- Ability to read situations quickly and adjust for roadblocks
- Computer proficient