Forester (Timber Sales Prep)
The Boise National Forest is hiring one permanent GS-0460-7/9 Sale Prep Forester position. This position will be located on the Emmett Ranger District with occasional travel required to other districts or Zones of the Forest.
The USAJobs vacancy announcement is and is open for applications through Midnight EST Tuesday, June 15, 2021.
Detailed information about job qualifications are included in the vacancy announcement at:
This position consists of timber sale preparation duties across the North Zone of the Forest. Travel may be required to assist both Zones as needed.
Major duties of the position:
• Timber Sales Preparation – marking and cruising, cruise design
• Evaluates and analyzes the project sale folder information and conducts a preliminary field reconnaissance.
• Assembles and reviews the timber sales contract package.
• Determines, plans and arranges for the resources needed to complete the layout of sales.
• Identifies and verifies the land status and environmental constraints affecting layout of the
proposed project on the ground.
• Reviews, compiles and analyzes field data.
• Completes environmental assessment reports and environmental impact statements.
• Prepares and ensures quality of documentation such as detailed maps, timber sale
appraisals, timber sales write up, advertisements, prospectus, and sample contracts for the sale.
• Arranges for interviews of prospective purchasers and explains contract clauses, road development, and cutting practices.
• Monitors and oversees cruising and marking of timber and prepares general logging plans and verifies logging system settings.
• Utilizing appropriate document, determines sale boundaries, proper location of logging roads, acceptable marking and cutting methods, stumpage prices, and the requirements for brush disposal, erosion control, and stand improvement.
• Prepares a summary of all records acceptable for final appraisal, sale contract preparation, and subsequent timber management activities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Stephanie Ridley at email@example.com or 208-386-0039.
Application materials MUST be submitted through USAJobs.gov. No application materials can be accepted by email or past the closing date.