Junior Technical Artist
Virtual Heroes/ARA is looking for an exceptionally skilled Junior Technical Artist to add to our development team. Candidates with a passion for using modeling and simulation technologies to develop state-of-the-art 3D training applicants are encouraged to apply!
Junior Technical Artist Requirements:
- Candidates selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Bachelors in a relevant field OR equivalent professional experience (6+ years) will be considered for talented candidates without a degree
- Demonstrated experience creating technical art in real-time 3D development
- Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a great team-player attitude
- An understanding of art pipelines and the processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation
Junior Technical Artist Preferences:
- Understanding of Unreal Engine 4, including Blueprints, and a passion to apply it to solving real-world training and simulation challenges
- Experience in secondary areas such as lighting, real-time technical effects, and animation state machines
- Ability to collaborate closely with both programming and art departments
- Keen eye for optimization potential across entire development spectrum
Junior Technical Artist Required Application Materials:
- Resume with link to portfolio site
At Virtual Heroes, we leverage simulation and digital-games-based paradigms to create applications that teach critical skills. As a division of Applied Research Associates (ARA), we work with scientists and engineers of many disciplines and diverse backgrounds to enhance the creativity and innovation of the mission-critical solutions we provide to our customers. To learn more visit our website at www.virtualheroes.com.
ARA is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems. Our culture supports our exceptional staff of valued employees and encourages professional growth through continued higher education, participation and publication at technical conferences, and membership in professional organizations. For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, please visit our website at http://careers.ara.com.