Digital Media Managing Editor
JOB PURPOSE: Oversee and maintain the digital platforms for Rich Broadcasting’s East Idaho radio cluster. With a maniacal focus on consumer experience, this individual will work closely with our on-air talent to develop content for their shows, grow their brands online, and create the best possible experience for their audience across all platforms. This is an agile position that requires solid troubleshooting, good professional judgment, top level communication, and technical prowess. Patience is essential, as is a great sense of humor – this is radio after all, not a lawyer’s office! This is not a typical “webmaster” position.
TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Operations Manager
- Partner with teams of on-air and digital talent to create text, photo, video, and interactive content for the local community across the site, mobile platforms, and social media. Work to make sure those great ideas are harnessed online.
- Provide consistent training, coaching and education for our on-air and digital talent on the latest internet trends (ex: Facebook posting strategy or strategies for search engine optimization) and educate staff on company policies (ex: copyright law and digital requirements).
- Coordinate with local sales and content teams to make sure that all station and market initiatives have an engaging digital component.
- Study analytics to make data-driven content choices and optimize local digital strategy.
- Be at the forefront of content creation every single day.
- Design graphics for station promotions, social media campaigns, print advertising, and banner ads for advertiser campaigns.
- Shoot and edit videos for station promotions, social media campaigns, and advertiser campaigns.
- Execute and optimize digital campaigns for account executives and advertisers.
- Pull reports for campaign recaps for account executives and advertisers.
- Online editorial experience with exceptional writing, editing, SEO skills.
- Strong grasp of how to use popular social media networks (like Facebook Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube) to promote content.
- Must be a consummate multi-tasker (with excellent communication skills) who is understanding of the ever-changing culture of the internet.
- Ability to prioritize and focus under fast-paced pressure, while managing multiple tasks and projects.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, editorially and technologically.
- Proficiency in the use of digital technology, including online publishing platforms.
- Must have great communication skills, obsessive attention to detail and a sense of humor (This is the radio business, we like to have fun!)
- Ability to work on multiple projects and work well under deadlines.
- Must have prior working knowledge of WordPress, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Microsoft Office Suite.
Position Location: Idaho Falls, ID
FLSA Status: Full-time Exempt
Position Closing Date: until filled