Landscape Design Intern
Landscape Design Intern
WGM Group is seeking a part time Landscape Design Intern to join its growing Land Planning and Design team in the vibrant Northern Rockies. WGM Group is a multi-disciplined civil engineering planning and design firm. This position may be located in any of our three office locations either in Bozeman, Missoula, or Kalispell with the option of continuing work into the school year. The expected work load to start at 15 hours per week.
Required Application Materials:
Please provide a resume and portfolio examples.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The position will work with a team of landscape architects, planners, and civil engineers to assist with landscape and design projects. This is an opportunity to grow within an established design firm. General responsibilities for this role include:
- Prepare graphics, renderings, plan illustratives, drawings, design layouts and features for a variety of small landscape architecture projects or selected segments of master planning projects.
- Collaborate with landscape architects, planners, and engineers on project design.
- Academic majors or coursework in Landscape Architecture or Graphic Design.
- Proficiency with design software including AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, SketchUP Pro, Lumion, and MS Office.
- Strong graphic and rendering skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work and collaborate with others on a fast-paced team environment.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and creative skills.
- Exposure to planning and planting layout and design is preferred.
Compensation & Benefits Package:
WGM Group promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers hourly pay to all employees. All hours worked over 40/ week are eligible for overtime compensation.
WGM Group supports the professional development for employees and helps offset professional licensing and offers Education Cost Assistance for training and continuing education programs.
About WGM Group:
For over 50 years, WGM Group has helped create healthy communities, improved the natural environment, and enhanced regional infrastructure by working with our trusted partners in both the government and private sectors. WGM Group is a great place to work thanks to the commitment to service demonstrated by the people we hire to work here and the spirit of teamwork that is so much a part of the work environment.
WGM Group is committed to the communities in which we do business. We contribute a portion of our profits to making our communities a better place to live. The company is founded on the principles of hard work and professional competence, while striving to create a fun and enjoyable workplace.
WGM Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. WGM Group complies with all state and federal non-discrimination laws including Title VII of the Civil Rights act of 1964 as amended and the new Americans with Disabilities Act. In compliance with the Immigration Reform Act of 1986, new employees must provide proof of identity and authorization to work in the U.S.