WSU: Pullman 2040 Environmental Steward (AmeriCorps)
POSITION SUMMARY: WACC members perform direct service-related tasks that help their specific campus site promote activities and practices that help students increase their academic engagement and success, as well as their career aspirations. The Pullman 2040 Environmental Steward will work at the Washington State University- Pullman campus, Center for Civic Engagement (CCE). The primary function of this WACC AmeriCorps position will be to support Pullman 2040 Environmental Taskforce with increasing environmental stewardship throughout Pullman, increasing student and community engagement with current campus and community efforts, align campus and community efforts and increasing communication between organizations and the WSU campus to maximize existing resources.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND RELATED TASKS:
- Map existing resources and assets to increase student and community participation in environmental restoration in Pullman. Work with Pullman 2040 environmental group to determine gaps and the strategies necessary to alleviate gaps.
- Recruit, train, and place WSU students and Pullman community members in local organizations focused on the goals of the Pullman 2040 environmental initiative.
- Participate in all WACC networking and training events.
- Collaborate with CCE staff to develop one-time and reoccurring service opportunities.
- Abide by all guidelines and rules outlined in the Member Service Agreement and ensure compliance with AmeriCorps Prohibited Activities
- Generate awareness and leadership around racial justice and equity through the sharing of ideas, information, and experiences.
- Collect and document program data using required tracking tools and progress reports.
- Participate in WACC training
- Practice personal self-care and reflection
- Collaborate with other WACC teammates and national service members in your community on common projects.
- Record and track service hours
- Participate in professional development training.
- Actively engage in learning about AmeriCorps.
- Be a United States Citizen, a Naturalized Citizen, or a Lawful Permanent Resident.
- Be 18 or older.
- Have an AA/BA or some college.
- Agree to a criminal record check and not have a sexual offense or murder conviction (other offenses may also prohibit participation, but will be determined on a case-by-case basis)
- Commit to serving full-time (70% direct service, maximum 20% training/professional development, maximum 10% on fundraising)
- Ability to work well with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Strong organization, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills
- Strong data management and social media skills
- Strong initiative, self-starter, and enthusiasm for helping others succeed.
- Committed to promoting educational equity and inclusion.
- Monthly living allowance (stipend)
- Education Award upon successful completion of the program
- Health Insurance
- Forbearance for Federal Student Loans
- Childcare (if eligible)
- Networking opportunities
- Training and practical hands-on experience
- Professional development opportunities
- A chance to make a difference in your community, and with your team!
- Sick leave and time off
TERM OF SERVICE: 10 months | 1700 Hours, 40 hours/week, some evenings & weekends.
ANTICIPATED MEMBER START/END DATE: August 1, 2021 - June 1, 2022
For More Information Contact: Ryan Lazo, Community Partnerships Coordinator, email@example.com, 509-335-0687
The Washington Campus Compact (WACC) AmeriCorps program, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action enroller of AmeriCorps service volunteers. Members of ethnic minorities, disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, and recently separated veterans, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply. WACC only enrolls members who are U.S. citizens, U.S. Naturalized citizens or lawful permanent residents of the United States. All new members must show service eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and must satisfy the National Service Criminal History Check eligibility criteria pursuant to 45 CFR 2540.202.