Energy – Software Tools and Infrastructure Internship (Spring 2022)
Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around January 2022 and continue through the entire Spring term (i.e. through April/May) or into early Summer 2022 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions where they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their manager, mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by giving them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
About the team
The validation infrastructure team is cross-functional unit that provides software and hardware platforms to enable our world class Energy products. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering robust, modular and easy to use software tools that enable rapid firmware development and deployment of test systems. Tesla is continuously launching new products at a rapid pace and you will work directly with development teams across the organization to ensure that our new products are best in class.
- Create, maintain and expand the design of Tesla’s internal engineering tools related to energy firmware development, hardware abstraction, and continuous integration services
- Participate in next generation tool development, end-to-end implementation from early prototype to production release
- Own and support existing software and hardware tools by scaling them for use across the entire engineering organization while maintaining reliability
- Write translators (APIs) between applications and various internal and third-party design software packages
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement architectural improvements for faster engineering design cycle iterations
- Pursuing a BS/MS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Fluency in at least one language. C or Python preferred
- Python development experience
- Excellent communication skills, an ability to learn quickly, and a passion for moving fast and building great things
- High standards for code quality, maintainability, and performance
Desired (but not required) Skills
- GUI development experience (e.g. pyqt)
- Embedded firmware development experience
- Experience with web technologies and web frameworks (React/Node/Dash/PHP/CSS, etc.)
- Experience with databases (e.g. one of MySQL/Postgres/NoSQL)
- Experience with containerization (Docker or similar)
- Experience with build systems, automation, continuous integration (Jenkins or similar)
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).