Energy - System Integration and Test Automation Internship (Spring 2022)
Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around January 2022 and continue through the entire Spring term (i.e. through April/May) or into early Summer 2022 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions where they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their manager, mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows the intern to experience life at Tesla by giving them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you will be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
About the team
System integration team is looking for an amazing intern who is passionate about our mission to accelerate the transition to sustainable energy. As a system integration and test automation intern, you will support hardware/firmware integration and test automation of the next generation energy & EV charger products.
- Support hardware/firmware integration and system testing of Tesla Energy Products including high power grid-connect batteries, EV chargers and solar products
- Hands-on testing, debugging, and troubleshooting on real hardware
- Support firmware validation and regression testing at the full system level
- Develop test automation scripts in Python
- Design and implement next generation test systems, i.e. fault injection setup and multiple asset integration
- Pursuing BS, MS, or PhD in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechatronics, or related fields
- Understanding of electrical engineering principles; ability to read & understand schematics and build basic electrical systems
- Experienced in testing and troubleshooting electrical systems including the use of lab tools such as digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Experience with Python, C/C++
- Excellent written and verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Comfortable working with high voltage and high-power systems
- Interest or experience working with batteries, power electronics, or renewable energy
- Participation on electromechanical systems projects – e.g., robotics, formula SAE, solar car
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).