Energy Software - Technical Program Manager Internship (Spring 2022)
Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around January 2022 and continue through the entire Spring term (i.e. through April/May) or into early Summer 2022 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions where they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their manager, mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by giving them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
About the team
We are looking for an intern to work on firmware and software for our energy products such as Powerwall, Powerpack, Megapack, Solar, Wall Connector, and Supercharger. In this position, intern will support the Program Managers in the Energy Products Engineering team to coordinate complex, multi-disciplinary projects, developing requirements and timelines, and helping to usher these projects through to completion. Candidate should feel comfortable with software/firmware, data and basic data management tools, and be able to quickly share updates on progress.
Intern will work on new products, or firmware and software features for existing Energy products. The Energy Products organization architects, designs, builds, tests, and services Tesla’s Energy products.
- Manages one or multiple projects to support the Energy Products Engineering Programs from start to finish, managing plan, tasks, risks and issues resolution, communications and implementation
- Assists with projects and programs task assigned by Program Managers, and Engineering Management team
- Owns a customer feature(s), and/or firmware and software release(s) from definition, development and testing, through rollout to customers
- Coordinates resources, provides clear direction and timelines for deliverables, collaborates, and delegates tasks across a cross-functional team: Product Management, Executives, Customer Technical Support, Service Engineering, System Test and Firmware/Software development teams
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality and exercises sound business judgment
- Requires leading a team, balancing multiple concurrent projects/tasks, running meetings, creating plans, delivering results, and being a flexible and capable problem solver
- Pursuing a BS/MS degree in computer science or other engineering discipline
- Engineering background; firmware, software or system testing experience preferred
- Comfortable and excited about learning new technical areas
- Experience in leading teams, and proven ability to drive initiatives to conclusion
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and navigate through an ambiguous environment; enjoys challenges
- Ability to deliver results through influence without authority
- Highly organized, with good time management skills
- Desired to be proficient in Microsoft Office, JIRA, Confluence, and Git
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).