As Staff Accountant, you will have the opportunity to work with and learn from our talented Accounting Team! We are looking for a talented, fun, self-starter who is detail-oriented and ready to help as needed. You will primarily be responsible for assisting the team with general accounting tasks such as data entry and analysis, while also getting the opportunity to use your creativity to help improve established processes. Our ideal candidate is self-driven, resourceful, and confident with outstanding organizational skills.
This position reports to the Senior Accountant. This is a full-time, hybrid in-office position located in Boise, ID which will require you to work three days in-office when we can safely return.
What you’ll do:
- Reconcile financial accounts on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Review and process expense reimbursements
- Reconcile credit card statement/activity on a recurring basis
- Assist in the preparation of documentation for external auditors
- Assist in maintaining an accurate set of financial records
- Assist in maintaining a standard set of internal controls
- Assist with other projects as needed
What you bring to the table:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting preferred; or 1+ years related work experience
- Understanding of accounting principles
- Basic experience using MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience using QuickBooks preferred
- Ability to work autonomously with a remote team
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to follow procedures and keep records
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Willingness to take initiative, accept additional responsibilities and assist others, as needed
- Creativity, drive, and confidence to improve established processes
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits. Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
About Us: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: https://bit.ly/balsambrandsforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
At Balsam Brands, we strive to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. For permanent, full-time team members, this includes:
- Competitive compensation, including a cash-based incentive plan
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, with 100% of insurance costs covered for team members, and 85% covered for dependents
- Medical, transit, dependent care FSA
- Company-paid life and AD&D insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) with dollar-for-dollar company match up to $4,000
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and other mental health and wellness perks
- Paid holidays, annual shutdown week, PTO, and volunteer time-off (VTO) packages
- Annual continuous learning benefit up to $1,000 per person, per fiscal year
- Valuable extras: identity theft protection, subsidized parking, subsidized gym membership
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status