Software Development Automation Engineer – TS
Are you ready to join a world class team? Wagstaff, Inc. is the place you want to come and build your career! We are a family owned, progressive, international manufacturing company and the world leader of aluminum casting technology. We believe that our employees are our greatest resource, and support them with exceptional benefits, competitive wages, and exciting growth opportunities. We offer a comprehensive wellness program, which includes a 1200 square foot onsite gym! Come and join Wagstaff to become part of our team and family.
Apply electrical and/or computer engineering knowledge to the unique set of technical circumstances at each customer location while commissioning and supporting the operation of Wagstaff-supplied equipment. Career advancement opportunities include automation development related roles within development departments.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Assist in development of Industry 4.0, IoT, Embedded Systems, and AI/ML (Machine Learning) applications.
- Develop and program custom software applications utilizing:
- C, C++, C#
- Go, AWS
- Ladder Logic
- Develop industry specific knowledge and skills for career advancement opportunities into automation programming development role.
- Casting process, PLC automated systems, SCADA systems, and software development
- Assist with development of automated systems, tools, and equipment.
- Participate in product and software development activitiests in coordination with Project Managers and other engineers involved in the commissioning process
- Participate in product and software development activities
- Participate in research activities related to aluminum casting technologies
- Support installation and commissioning of software and equipment in customer plants in coordination with the Automated Systems Group and Mechanical Engineering while evaluating a unique set of technical circumstances at each customer location.
- Perform hardware and software testing
- Provide technical support to customers in response to emergency calls or service requests in troubleshooting and repair
- Provide training to internal and external customers on software operation and maintenance in conjunction with commissioning or in response to independent requests or requirements
- Abide by company policies
- Periodic domestic and international travel required depending upon customer and company business needs
- In order to achieve business objectives, work weeks in excess of 40 hours may be required
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience required
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience in and software development and industrial automation
- Embedded systems development
- Machine learning applications
- Computer application development
- Industrial controls
- RSLogix 5000, Studio 5000, SIMATIC Step 7 , TIA Portal
- Acquires broad knowledge and develops skills in a specific practice area
- Acquires technical understanding of software systems and code development
- Applies prescribed and/or standard techniques and procedures in accordance with established criteria to perform assigned tasks
- Exercises limited judgment on details of work and in application of standard methods for conventional work
- Acquires an understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities
General Technical Responsibilities
- Designs a complete project, system, component, or process of moderate complexity
- Performs standard computations or analysis
- Prepares drawings
- Assigns tasks to and coordinates with designers
- Coordinates with departments as necessary
- Receives close supervision on unusual or difficult problems
- Academic oral and technical writing skills
- Attends customer project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignment
- May occasionally lead the meetings