Regional Sales Manager
The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for growing Conservis revenue in an assigned region of farmers.
● Drive sales (new accounts) in an assigned area by cold calling/visiting prospective clients, establishing, or nurturing a partner ecosystem and working with key partners, especially Rabo AgriFinance Relationship Managers and Business Development Managers, to meet or exceed regional sales targets
● Fully utilize customer relationship management (CRM) system and other sales enablement tools to track sales activities efficiently and consistently
● Partner with Customer Success to ensure a thorough and effective understanding of key prospect requirements and customer onboarding and implementation process
● In concert with Customer Success, retain clients by visiting and partnering with key accounts and leading renewal/upgrade efforts
● Work with existing clients in your assigned region to ensure they are becoming advocates for Conservis
● Provide market insight, represent the voice of the customer, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to improve the Conservis offering and the company’s position in the market
Ideal Candidate Should Have
● Ag literacy
● 7+ years proven outside sales/new account growth experience in agriculture. Business Development in selected territory.
● Must be comfortable selling your expertise and intangibles to new prospects in a developing market
● Track record of success when working with large and commercial farming operations
● Proficient in coordinating company resources within a consultative/solution-based selling approach
● Strong understanding and practical experience with general business principles and accounting practices
● Ability to work remotely, manage a schedule, budget and resources to facilitate meetings with customer and prospects
● Ability to travel to client sites up to 70% of the time
● Relevant Bachelor’s degree
● Sales Awareness - Desire for success in sales - knowing your own limitations and strengths allows you to make objective decisions and ask for assistance from others when needed.
● Accepts Responsibility - Take responsibility for results. There is a clear understanding of how actions and behavior impact outcomes. When desired results are not achieved, you look inward to determine what you can do or could have done to impact the situation.
● Ambition and Drive - Goals are understood to be necessary. This individual has inner drive, energy and the attitude to succeed.
● Problem Solving - The ability to sort and clarify a business dilemma through questioning provides you with a strong sense of how to handle a client's problems by selling to solve their "pain."
Work is typically performed in a normal office environment that is mostly remote from the company office.
Position requires light physical effort, handling of objects up to 10 pounds, and some standing or walking.