Test Engineer-Des Moines, IA
Do you have a passion for working with electronics and electrical systems? Do you find yourself involved in testing hardware and software issues? If so, we have an opportunity that may be what you are seeking. We are seeking an Engineer who has experience working with National Instruments equipment and has developed software using LabVIEW. This engineer enjoys working in a team setting to solve complex hardware and software problems. Our engineering team is located in the Iowa community of Des Moines. The ideal start date will be November or early January.
DISTek offers competitive salaries, a flexible work schedule, and a full range of benefits. Please join us for an exciting and challenging career with the potential that only a growing high technology company can offer. Below is a description of the Test Engineer who will be responsible for the design, development, deployment and support of test systems for electronic products. Position includes high-level functions such as test planning, detailed design and development of test software and electronic hardware. The Test Engineer is required to acquire, document, review, and interpret customer requirements and specifications. From these requirements, the engineer will design and develop the solution and produce plans and procedures required by the customer.
Primary functions of the Test Engineer include:
- Performing requirements capture, analysis, design, programming, debugging, hardware integration and verification
- Enhance existing and design new in-circuit test systems for testing electronics down to the component level
- Interfacing with customers to help develop requirements
- Developing test plans, schedules, and other project documentation
- Coordinating field tests, lab tests, supplier tests and government certification tests as required to test hardware and software for the electronics and electrical systems found in agriculture vehicles
- Develop software testing programs (LabVIEW,, Python)
- Using schematics and device data sheets to understand equipment functionality and develop necessary test criteria
- When appropriate, conducting required testing, analysis of data and writing reports
- Integrating and commissioning of systems at customer facilities