Entry-level Structural Engineer
This position is with Terra Consulting at their office located in Columbus, OH. Avery Duke is a 3rd party recruiting firm that works closely with Terra Consulting, with full authority to seek out recent civil engineering graduates for their company. Prospective candidates would speak with Nick Shea at Avery Duke for a pre-qualification interview, and then have their resumes sent to the appropriate manager at Terra. The candidate would not apply to the position directly. Nick will set up interviews and guide the candidate through the process. No fees will be exchanged for this service and the candidate is in full control of the recruiting process.
The Structural Engineer will be coordinating and completing all aspects of the engineering design of wireless telecommunication sites including raw land, colocations and modifications on existing towers, rooftops and water tanks. The Engineer will be a dependable self-starter with excellent organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills, as well as an ability to work independently on multiple projects at one time. This person could also be responsible for site plans and permitting (civil work).
The essential functions of the Engineer position are as follows:
- Create and execute project work plans.
- Communicate project status to clients and internal management.
- Conform design to local jurisdictional requirements for land use and permitting.
- Coordinate with site acquisition and construction management team members.
- Prepare structural reports as needed.
- Coordinate sub-consultant team members including surveyors and geotechnical engineers.
- Utilize project tracker/spreadsheet to monitor and maintain project schedules.
- Assist in or lead the development of company guidelines and procedures, standards, and code related activity.
- Develop analysis tools and training presentations.
- Modeling and analysis of equipment placement and relevant telecom structures.
- Review and recommend placement of wireless equipment.
The candidate will have the following education and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture.
- EIT preferred.
- 0-2 years of professional work experience.
- Ability to perform site visits and attend client meetings as needed.
- Experience working with structural analysis tools (Risa 3D, tnxTower) is ideal but not expected.