Production Research Field Assistant
The individual will be responsible for assisting in the management and data collection of field trials and seed production for the following (but not limited to) crop portfolios: Carrot, Garden Bean, Sweet Corn, and Onions.
- Detailed field observations and note taking (40 - 80% of time)
- Follow protocols and procedures pertaining to all safety policies, work instructions, and ISO
- Sowing, transplanting, weeding, staking, pruning and harvest crops
- Threshing, Seed extraction and processing
- Other general farm tasks as required
- High school diploma
- Agriculture/field work experience is beneficial and preferred
- Physical ability to: Work outdoors in both cool and extreme heat conditions such as in a mesh cage setting. Lifting requirements will be less than 60 lbs. Performs lifting, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling, or repetitive motions/movement greater than 20 motions an hour.
- Strong detail orientation and ability to keep accurate, detailed records.
- Proficient with standard IT tools.
- Willingness to travel with an occasional overnight stay.
- Must pass a substance abuse test and background and driving record checks.
- US Driver license
- Proof of US citizenship
*Currently seeking employees for Summer 2022. We can accommodate school schedules if part time employment is desired for Fall 2022.