ABOUT SUSTAINABLE OILS
Sustainable Oils, Inc. was formed in 2013, with roots in camelina back as far as 2005 through its previous entity Sustainable Oils, LLC, and now is the world’s leading developer of camelina. Sustainable Oils, Inc., owns an industry leading portfolio of intellectual property rights, including patents and production know-how, to produce its proprietary varieties of camelina as a nonfood based ultra-low carbon biofuels feedstock. Sustainable Oils, Inc. headquarters is in Great Falls, Montana.
As the Breeding Intern, you will work with the Breeding Team, Research Agronomy team, and Commercial Team to manage small plot research trials, evaluate camelina germplasm, and facilitate business development. We are looking for a highly ambitious, innovative individual who has a desire for continuous learning and can quickly adapt to a rapidly evolving and highly motivated team environment.
You will assist the breeding team in daily tasks including phenotypic note taking, data entry, successful research trial management, harvest, and post-harvest processing. You will work with an interdisciplinary team including other research and support teams to organize resources effectively and to meet all business objectives.
Due to the nature of work in agriculture, work hours will be variable and may include overtime and weekends. Typical work schedule will result in 35-45 hours per week. This position will require work in an outdoor environment including working with dust, pollen, working alone for extended periods, travel, and heavy lifting.
- Pursuing or Recently Graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture or equivalent
- High school diploma
- Experience in Agriculture
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, self-motivated and attentive to detail
- Strong problem solving, analytical, decision making, and organizational skills
- Willing to travel if needed
- A valid US driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be legally entitled to work for Sustainable Oils Inc. in the United States
- Experience with small plot research trials
- Knowledge of plant breeding
- Thorough understanding of Northern Great Plains cropping systems
Position term: May 2022 through August 2022
Location: Great Falls, MT
Application deadline- Open until filled.
Please Email resumes and inquiries to Tavin Schneider email@example.com