Marketing Strategy Coordinator Intern
The Summer Internship Program is a vital piece of BECU’s hiring philosophy and strategy. Interns are assigned a mentor in the department in which they will be working. The intern will work closely with their mentor throughout the duration of the internship. The opportunity is more than “sit back and observe”, our interns are integrated into daily duties of their respective departments, attend various meetings, and assist on departmental projects as assigned. BECU interns bring a welcome perspective to our organization. An internship at BECU empowers you to confidently move forward in your career path, having a valued voice in our organization.
This role is remote eligible from WA, OR and ID.
- Learn the fundamentals of a Marketing Coordinator including but not limited to project development and deployment, meeting coordination, client management
- Assist Marketing Strategy Managers in developing marketing programs that support the marketing strategy for Business Services and Mortgage Services, including the launch of Cash Management, Cash Management incentive offers, Mortgage purchase incentive offers, and optimizing always-on paid digital media programs.
- Collaborate and develop assets for marketing campaigns that are in line with strategic objectives and target audience.
- Collaborate with internal creative team and agency partners to ensure creative messaging resonates with the intended target audience.
- Serve as a resource for marketing related initiatives and communications for Business Services and Mortgage Services.
- Oversee project scheduling, meeting coordination and stakeholder communication. Interact with internal and agency partners while coordinating resources and monitoring project timelines.
- QA all marketing related materials to ensure accuracy and brand consistency prior to deployment.
- Help build ongoing performance reports and data analysis to share with internal stakeholders and marketing partners to drive continuous improvement of our marketing programs.
- Engage with peers, Sr. Leaders, and Executive Leaders through meetings and related project work.
- Business Administration, Marketing or Communications degree preferred, others may be considered
- Attention to detail and project management experience is a plus
- Ability to manage through ambiguity and unforeseen changes in projects
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once
- Motivated to learn and try new things
- Collaborative in a team environment
- Cumulative GPA of 2.7+ required
- Proven leadership skills either on or off campus preferred
- Community involvement/volunteerism preferred
- Participation in extracurricular activities preferred
- Able to commit to a 12-week program throughout summer
- Comprehensive Excel skill preferred
- Strong written communication skills preferred
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.