Software Development Engineer , Amazon Infrastructure Services
The Amazon Infrastructure team is growing fast and we need your help to push the boundaries of the fastest cloud storage on AWS! Do you want to join a team of creative and talented software engineers who are building and operating world class services built on amazing open source technology? We have openings in Arlington (VA), Boston (MA), Atlanta (GA), Austin (TX), Charlotte (NC), Chicago (IL), Cupertino (CA), Dallas (TX), Denver (CO), Houston, (TX), Irvine (CA), Minneapolis (MN), New York (NY), Portland (OR), Redmond (WA), San Francisco (CA), San Jose (CA) and Seattle (WA).
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world!
We need Developers who move fast, are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems, and have a strong will to get things done. Developers at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions of customers around the world on one of the following teams:
Infra Supply Chain - AWS Infra support team needs to provide production engineering support and is also responsible for providing multifaceted services to the AWS Infra execution teams including EDI integrations, Operational issue management and scaling systems.
Application Integration - Application integration on AWS is a suite of services that enable communication between decoupled components within microservices, distributed systems, and serverless applications. You don’t need to refactor your entire architecture to benefit - decoupling applications at any scale can reduce the impact of changes, making it easier to update and faster to release new features.
Data Center Automation - The Data Center Automation team is responsible for building the systems that automate and orchestrate the physical work processes that occur inside all of a global data centers. Our talented team of data center engineers depend on our systems to perform their work safely, securely, efficiently, and free of defects, resulting in the backbone of products, the compute infrastructure.
Hardware Engineering - Amazon Web Services (AWS) Hardware Engineering team creates compute and storage server designs for Amazon’s innovative web services. Our designs are industry-leading in performance, frugality and operational excellence, and are critical to the success of the AWS business and the more than one million customers who use AWS today.
Data Center Operations (DCO) - The company's infrastructure consists of various custom built and off-the-shelf applications operating on a variety of platforms and other major technologies.
Network – Core Do you like building applications on Cloud technologies? Do you like Networks and want to manage it through software? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success?
If this sounds interesting to you, apply and come chart your own path at Amazon.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members in an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Projects and tasks are assigned in a way that leverages your strengths and helps you further develop your skillset.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Key job responsibilities
- Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring innovative products and services to market.
- Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
- Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to innovative technologies at incredible scale and speed.
- Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use.
- Design and code the right solutions starting with broadly defined problems.
- Work in an agile environment to deliver high-quality software.
A day in the life
We’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we’ve been building.
About the team
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Yes we do get to build a really cool service, but we also think a big reason for that is the inclusive and welcoming culture we try to cultivate every day.
Due to the volume of referrals and external applicants received, Early Career Talent team is unable to provide status updates on individual applicants. As we kickoff the 2022 hiring season, there might be longer than normal wait times from when a candidate applies or is referred, to when they will be contacted by ECT.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices. Full stack experience is a bonus.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience with distributed systems and web services design and implementation.
- AWS product experience and development on the AWS platform.
- Experience communicating with users, software development engineering teams, management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs.
- High sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.