Test Technician - Hay & Forage Equipment
Sage Ag Inc is looking for an individual who is interested in working with Hay & Forage equipment in the field. This position will be located in the Nampa, Idaho area. During the first season the Technician will be working mainly with one cooperator at each location with travel fairly local to the area. During the off season the Technician will be assisting local dealerships in the customer training, etc. As the second season starts the Technician will now be responsible for larger area and travel with will be fairly extensive. You will be working as a team with engineers and technicians for the limited production release of new line of Forage equipment. Being from a farm or having experience running or working on large equipment is preferred! However, having the ability to communicate, take initiative, and present yourself professionally with a great attitude is a must.
- Assist with cooperator visits – support, setup, getting feedback, resolving issues
- Developing surveys, distributing or conducting over the phone, tracking results, compiling reports.
- Maintain tracking spreadsheet by collecting input from cooperators: hours, equipment configurations, software versions, etc.
- Maintain setups and configurations for cooperators.
- Maintain cooperator agreements and organize document records.
- Shipping/receiving equipment to/from cooperators.
- Assist other validation engineers in resolving cooperator issues.
- Create and distribute validation reports to stakeholders.
- Complete new feature descriptions and instructions for cooperators.
· Minimum of 250 hours of agricultural machinery operation
· Minimum GPA of 2.5 in an agricultural major; preferably AST or Ag Engineering
· Mechanically inclined
- Able to work as a team with engineers and technicians
- Agriculture background – knowledge of forage processing equipment is a bonus
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues (remotely or onsite).
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable being around and running large machinery.
· Ability to develop end user test plans
· Willing to travel
· Valid U.S. Driver’s License w/ clean driving record
· Out-going & positive attitude, professional presentation
· Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
· Ability to work in a team environment & alone
· Must be self-directed and have ability to complete tasks when not all details are given
· Ability to work long hours, some night operation will be necessary
· Ability to keep accurate & detailed records of work performed
Job Duration: Full Time
Location: Boise, Idaho Area
Compensation: Pay plus bonuses based on experience, all travel expenses paid by company
Benefits: Health, Dental, PTO, 401k with company match
Kassi Dunlap (707)-249-1603 firstname.lastname@example.org