Fall 2022 Graduates: Full-Time Architect Positions
At Burns & McDonnell, you are empowered to write your own story. If you have big dreams — and the talent and ambition to back them up — this is your kind of place. Entrepreneurial spirit drives us to explore big ideas and discover new opportunities. From offices across the U.S. and around the world, our engineers, architects, planners, construction professionals, technologists and scientists take on some of the world’s toughest challenges with the industry’s best thinking.
Our culture of employee ownership plays a vital role — each of us takes a stake in every project we touch, knowing that when we’re moving together in the same direction, we create amazing results for our clients and communities. As a 100% employee-owned firm, we know collaboration leads to our clients’ success, which leads to our company’s success and fuels individual achievement. And that in turn leads to numerous awards and honors, both for our projects and as a great place to work.
You’ll have the opportunity here to build your own success story, both personally and professionally. You will be empowered to build not just projects, but your career. With a vast array of service specialties and the tools to craft your story, you will find abundant options. Ready for your next chapter?
The Assistant Architect will assist project teams to create world class designs for new projects, alterations and redevelopments on a variety of project types including corporate, healthcare, sport venues, data centers, airports, institutional, industrial, manufacturing, government and military facilities. The Assistant Architect will work with the project team throughout the design and construction process, adapting architectural plans according to budget constraints, environmental factors or client needs.
- Assists in the architectural design of projects from the conceptual phase through construction administration.
- Assists with modifying and reviewing production drawings for a variety of building types.
- Assists in designing interiors based on client vision and architectural needs and requirements that are set forth by the project managers.
- Applies basic knowledge of commonly used architectural concepts, practices, codes, and procedures within the architecture industry.
- Assists with research and complies project related data as required.
- Assists with correcting and updating drawings provided by senior architects to ensure corrections are made within multiple software platforms.
- Assists with client presentations, renderings and marketing collateral.
- Assists in performing field inspections, measurements or calculations for public and private clients.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in architecture from an accredited program is required.
- Master's degree in Architecture may be substituted for one year of experience.
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA strongly preferred.
- Prior internship and/or related consulting experience preferred.
- Involvement on campus or in the community.
- Basic knowledge in standard architectural techniques, principles and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environment and demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Proficient computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite).
- Basic software and computer skills required including AutoCAD, BIM (Revit), 3D Rendering Programs.
- Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without requiring future sponsorship for employment visa status.