Invest in you, Join Agropur. We dairy you!
What Agropur invests in YOU:
- Attractive pay and housing assistance
- Gain valuable experience while working on real-world projects
- Apply your education in a world-class dairy manufacturing operation
- Meet Agropur leaders and expand your professional network
- Prepare to launch a successful career
- Chance to apply best practices in sustainability and environmental initiatives
- Commitment to producing high quality nutritious products and providing nourishment around the world
What this role is all about:
We are looking for 2023 Engineering Interns across our US operations!
The Engineering Intern works closely with the Project Engineers and Director Engineering on various Engineering tasks and projects. The responsibilities of the Engineering Intern vary based on assignments and department needs.
- Actively participate in design reviews, design changes and the development of projects as assigned.
- Read, understand, and discuss technical requirements, plans, drawings, etc.
- Determine and follow quality and safety requirements from a design perspective; based on current standards and best design practices and in accordance with Agropur’s needs.
- Receive guidance on technical issues from Project Engineers and Director Engineering.
- Generate and prepare technical reports as assigned.
- Thoroughly learn about the Agropur business model and how to run an efficient Engineering department.
- Actively meet and speak with Engineering employees to learn the various aspects and responsibilities of their jobs.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
What you need:
- No experience required; in-house training provided.
- Currently enrolled in an Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s program in an Engineering program as a candidate for graduation
Where you’ll be working:
- Appleton, WI: Our US headquarters is based out of our Appleton, WI, office and is home to about 70 employees. While this location does not produce any product, our modern office area is bustling with employees from all areas of the business.
- Jerome, ID: Our Jerome, ID, plant is home to about 400 employees and processes about 7 million pounds of milk per day. This facility produces various types of cheese, including cheddar, monterey jack, muenster, mozzarella and provolone. It also runs various whey streams, such as deproteinized whey, sweet dairy whey, GMP, permeate, instantized and our top-rated BiPro products.
- Le Sueur, MN: Our presence in Le Sueur, MN, consists of the following facilities: Le Sueur Cheese, The Friendly Confines Cheese Shoppe, Le Sueur Ingredients, Le Sueur Protein Research Center and the Le Sueur Business Office. Our cheese facility produces various types of cheese, including cheddar, monterey jack, asiago, fontina, parmesan and romano. Our ingredients facility runs various whey streams, including; whey protein isolate (WPI), whey protein concentrate 34 (WPC 34), whey protein concentrate 80 (WPC 80) and both pharma and food-grade lactose.
Agropur’s US operations produce approximately 1 billion pounds of quality, award winning cheese each year. The US operations produce more than 20 different cheese varieties along with whey protein and dry ingredients.
AA/EEO – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity