PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising the plant production and maintenance on a production shift. The Production Supervisor will be accountable for implementing the plant production plan, maintaining a safe work environment, developing a team-oriented workforce, meeting customer quality/service expectations, developing and implementing process improvements, accomplishing plant productivity goals, building plant/shift communications, identifying and solving operational issues and delivering training programs.
This position reports to the Manufacturing Manager and supervises hourly plant employees. The position may work closely with all plant staff, human resources, accounting, planning, logistics, sales, equipment/supply vendors, contractors, or auditors.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
- Principles and practices of food manufacturing, including: food safety, quality, manufacturing concepts
- Working knowledge of FDA and OSHA regulations, GMPs, Sanitation, and HACCP.
- Understanding of associated processing and maintenance equipment and engineering.
- Principles and practices of financial and manufacturing accounting.
- Principles and practices of financial forecasting and budgeting.
- Principles and practices of inventory planning, production scheduling, production metrics, and production system variables, balancing, and optimizing.
- Principles and practices of continuous improvement concepts and related application technique.
- Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes, and regulations
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION/LICENSES, AND TRAINING:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Operations, Engineering, Manufacturing, or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of food processing experience.
- Supervisory experience in a food manufacturing facility is preferred.
- First Aid/CPR and Forklift training are preferred.
- SQF, Ammonia Fit, Food Safety, Sensory Evaluation, and/or HACCP training and certification are preferred.
The above job profile does not include all essential and nonessential duties of this job. A full job description is available at the time of interview.
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this job with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the department/division to accommodate the limitation.
Tree Top is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If you require an accommodation to participate in our application process, please contact Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-697-7251.