Intel Corporation - Metrology Engineer
Assembly and Test Technology Development (ATTD) Microelectronic Packaging Engineers provide project management, package design/development and sustaining support for integrated circuit or semiconductor assemblies, various other electronic components and/or completed units.
- Responsible for the thermal/mechanical/electrical design, analysis, and development of electronic packages.
- Defines overall package performance and specification and realizes technology certification through layout design and test vehicle design.
- Conducts tests and research on basic materials and properties.
- Establishes material specifications for contract assemblers and raw material vendors and interfaces with Quality Assurance and Purchasing regarding material quality and vendor performance.
- Provides consultation concerning packaging problems and improvements in the packaging process.
- Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur.
- Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgment.
This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position.
Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum qualifications and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Experience listed below would be obtained through schoolwork and/or classes and/or project work and/or internships and/or military training and/or work experience.
- Possess a PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering or Optical Engineering or Physics or Electrical Engineering or other applied engineering degree
- Candidate must possess the degree by employment start date.
1+ years of experience with one or more of the following:
- Research experience in dimensional metrology, optical instrumentation.
- Developed new optical metrology or other tooling and/or machining development through new sensor development, algorithm improvements as well as creative hardware change.
- Geometrical dimensional and tolerancing
- Programming skills using Python, MATLAB and C++
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology Development and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth.
Intel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Work Model for this Role
This role will require an on-site presence.