Renewable Energy Technical Analyst II/Senior - ALLETE Clean Energy - Remote
Applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
This position may be considered for remote work arrangements based on ALLETE’s needs. Given that our organization is authorized to operate in the states listed below, the successful candidate (whether remote or on-site) will be required to locate their primary work location in one of the following states: Minnesota, North Dakota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Oklahoma, or Montana.
- Responsible for determining the production profile of renewable energy projects and for the siting and selection of wind, solar, and storage projects for addition to ALLETE Clean Energy’s (ACE) portfolio.
- This is a highly autonomous role that uses GIS and a proprietary siting process to evaluate potential acquisitions and to site renewable energy projects.
- Responsible for calculating power and energy variability from Wind, PV and storage systems.
- Must understand GIS and use existing and develop new methodologies to conduct spatial and quantitative analysis.
- Prepare and regularly update status reports and risk assessments to ensure management and key stakeholders remain informed on a regular basis.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Degree in Geographic Information Science, Geospatial Technology, Geography, Spatial Analysis, Environmental Science, Renewable Energy, Computer Science, Engineering, or other related area preferred.
- Advanced degree and/or professional licensures (MBA, MA, MS, PE, etc.) desirable.
Renewable Energy Technical Analyst II: Four years or more related experience
Renewable Energy Technical Analyst Senior: Seven years or more related experience
Related experience should include:
- GIS work experience using GIS applications such as ArcGIS and related extensions, relational databases, with a broad knowledge of GIS capabilities and tools.
- Energy simulation work experience using applications such as OpenWind, PVsyst and related extensions, relational databases, with a broad knowledge of energy analysis capabilities and tools.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license
- Attention to detail and the ability to work independently with minimal guidance are essential
- Must have a proven track record of full cycle project development in the field, be able to perform financial/economic analysis and possess a good understanding of the energy market and terminology.
- Must be organized, an effective communicator, capable of managing multiple tasks, and work effectively with individuals both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate a high level of leadership and interpersonal skill to develop and enhance working relationships with counter-parties and to advocate for customer needs with the company.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
This job posting will be available for application until the position has been filled OR the posting close date noted herein, whichever date is earlier.
ALLETE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.