Health & Safety Analyst - Ash Grove Cement - Overland Park, KS
Health & Safety Analyst - Overland Park, KS
Overland Park, KS, US, 66210
Cement Division Corporate
Job ID: 449504
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, provides Portland and masonry cements to help build the foundation and infrastructure for the world around us. We ship millions of tons of cement from our plants and network of terminals located across North America. When you work for Ash Grove, you are connecting to something bigger. We stand together to reinvent the way our world is built. Join our team and help Ash Grove build America.
Position: Health & Safety Analyst
Report to: Corporate Health & Safety Manager
At Ash Grove Cement, people are our first priority. We offer a complete benefits package to include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance Vision Insurance
- 401k with company match and profit-sharing
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Disability Pay
- Life Insurance
- Growth Opportunities and more!
In coordination with corporate health and safety personnel, administers the plant safety program intended to reduce or eliminate industrial injuries or illnesses or losses from equipment or property damage, and promotes plant operation in accordance with federal and state safety laws and regulations. Promotes a positive safety and health image of the plant and corporation in the community. Uses judgment in performing job responsibilities. Works with company and plant policies and guidelines. Refers to plant Safety Manager or Corporate Director of Health and Safety when clarification or interpretation of organization policy is needed.
What you'll contribute to the team:
- Promote and follow all aspects of safety guidelines and participate in meetings as required.
- Monitor facility and processes (at least once daily) for adherence to MSHA guidelines and the elimination of industrial accidents. Oversee, evaluate and continuously improve the facility's safety program to achieve and maintain zero harm goal.
- Randomly observe department audits and walks to assure they are conducted with rigor and intensity. Works with supervisors to develop plant safety procedures for their work area and assists in ensuring that they are consistently followed.
- Ensure all new hire, annual refresher,s and periodic safety training is completed and documented in the database. Maintain plant's incident database and ensure monthly audits are completed. Ensure all safety binders are kept up to date and maintain all plant-related safety records in accordance with all company procedures and requirements.
- Conducts or coordinates all employee safety orientations, certifications, and industrial hygiene testing. classroom training and practical hands-on plant training.
- Works toward compliance with federal, state, and local safety laws and regulations. Accompanies inspectors during inspections and maintains all required records regarding safety activities. Serves as the liaison between the plant and safety regulatory agencies in coordination with corporate safety personnel.
- Chairs the Health and Safety Committee and oversees plant safety project work teams.
- Performs other job duties as designated by management.
To succeed in this position you will need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Hygiene, Safety Management, or related field
- 3 or more years in mining or industrial environment preferred
- 3 or more years in safety-related field preferred
- Must be capable of using and maintaining databases used to store MSHA citation records as well as industrial hygiene data, injury and accident investigation data, and behavioral safety observations
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Must maintain personal proficiency level by attending appropriate professional development courses
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and understand warning labels, instructions, signs, etc. in English required.
- Some travel required up to 15%
What to expect in a cement environment:
Work to be performed in a shop environment as well as outdoor exposure throughout the plant. Mild exposure to cement dust, heat, cold, and noise requires compliance with specified safety guidelines and procedures. Exposure to high elevations of up to 250 feet in height. Exposure to all weather conditions. Normal operation of mobile equipment may result in jarring and vibratory exposure.
What’s next for you?
We provide stability and advancement opportunities across North America. Use our tuition reimbursement program to help you meet your career goals.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The employee will be required to follow all job instructions of his/her supervisor and to perform other work assignments related to plant operations that are not inconsistent with the current labor contract, past practices, or safety policies.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Aug 29, 2022
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City