Product Manager – Eforms and Workflow
The University of Idaho is currently looking for a student to work as Product Manager supporting our new Enterprise Content Management system, SoftDocs. Product management is a diverse field, with plenty of room for growth, and product managers are in high demand. They play key roles in a wide variety of organizations and industries. In this role you will learn prioritization, communication, and collaboration skills. In addition, you will be working closely with stakeholders across campus, as well as directly with technical staff in administration, development, and testing. The product you will be supporting is new to the University of Idaho, and you will have multiple training opportunities and the benefit of working on this implementation from green field to deployment.
This is a co-op position, 20 hours per week during the Spring semester, 40 hours per week during summer.
Description of the Role and Responsibilities
- Work with OIT (Office of Information Technology) management and technical team to define a Product Delivery process for ongoing SoftDocs adoption and support
- Work with partners and stakeholders across campus to define and document paper workflows for migration to SoftDocs
- Create, host, and evangelize a “Community of practice” for SoftDocs on campus
- Directly contribute to the university’s strategic desire to be known for sustainability by helping the university reduce to amount of paper waste, and people’s time wasted by inefficient processes across campus
- Provide input into and help develop a product backlog and product roadmap for the SoftDocs platform
- Engage with internal, external partners and other key stakeholders to gather input and garner support for product/service vision, strategy, and roadmap. Drive and track key results, success criteria and performance metrics.
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor's in Business, MIS, Engineering
- Self-motivation and strong passion for collaboration and teamwork
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and reporting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, experience with and/or desire to hold a customer facing role
- Ability to lead and influence via persuasion, patience, and energy to drive consensus across functions and teams
- Experience or knowledge of enterprise-wide SaaS applications
- Experience or coursework related to documenting and improving business processes
- Experience presenting ideas to stakeholders