JOB TITLE: Computer Technologist
Report Identification Code: edicpt
Job Purpose Statement: The job of "Computer Technologist" is done for the purpose of maintaining overall operation of building technology; providing recommendations regarding software application and program purchases; providing written support and/or conveying information regarding instructional materials; and complementing classroom instruction with software applications and computer technology.
Essential Job Functions:
* Assesses hardware and software applications, problems and building needs for the purpose of determining appropriate actions to maintain computer lab operations and ensure quality instruction.
* Collaborates with staff, students, parents and the public for the purpose of enhancing instruction.
* Installs computer hardware including peripherals and software applications for the purpose of ensuring a functioning, instructional environment.
* Instructs/trains students, staff and parents for the purpose of complementing classroom instruction and increasing ability to function comfortably with current and ever-changing technology.
* Maintains computer hardware including peripherals and software applications for the purpose of creating a positive, technology-based atmosphere which encourages maximum use of the computer lab.
* Prepares documentation for the purpose of providing written support and/or conveying information.
Other Job Functions:
* Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
* Attends meetings and/or trainings as requested and/or needed for the purpose of gathering and/or conveying information required to perform job functions.
Job Requirements - Qualifications:
* Experience Required: Job-related experience with increasing levels of responsibility
* Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required:
Skills to: operate various computer hardware including peripherals and software applications; test and troubleshoot hardware/software problems; use English in both written and verbal form to communicate effectively with students, staff and the public; and operate standard office equipment.
Knowledge of: rules and regulations of assignment school; and methods, procedures, materials and techniques used in the installation and maintenance of computer hardware and software applications.
Abilities to: perform skilled tasks using electronic equipment; understand and carry out oral and written instructions; read and interpret technical materials; prepare and maintain accurate records; use pertinent software applications; manage a learning environment; adhere to safe work practices; work cooperatively with others; adjust to flexible assignments; meet deadlines and schedules; work under time constraints; interact with persons of different age groups and cultural/educational backgrounds; make common sense decisions; and be attentive to detail.
Significant physical abilities include standing/walking for prolonged periods, stooping/ kneeling/crouching, reaching/handling/fingering, talking/hearing conversations and other sounds, near visual acuity/visual accommodation.
* Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent and/or computer fluency. Requires supplementary coursework and additional training in the use of computer hardware and software applications. Must meet at least one of the following criteria: completed two (2) years successful post high school education (32 semester credits in the core area) or pass the ETS Para-Professional Assessment.
* Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Testing Required: Fingerprint/criminal justice clearance