Ryder's Operations Management Trainee - California
Locations— Hayward, San Francisco, Benicia, Stockton, San Jose- CA
Ryder's Operations Management Trainee
IGNITE Your Inner Leader With Ryder!
At Ryder, our most important competitive advantage is our people. CULTURE- INTEGRITY- FAMILY. As Ryder’s Management Trainee, you’ll be part of a dynamic team, equipped to succeed and empowered to develop your career in a timely fashion.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn how you can become a part of this Fortune 500 Company.
As the nation’s largest fleet management hub for over 90 years, Ryder has earned a significant reputation by fostering an inclusive and equal opportunity work environment that believes in humanity first and is here to stay. Check out America’s Best Employer for Veterans, America’s Best Employer for Women, & Best Employer for Diversity by Forbes.
Wondering about Ryder’s Green Initiative? We have the largest EV footprint in the U.S. Just click below and find out.
Top Green Supply Chain Partner — Inbound Logistics, 2022
Environmental Excellence Award — Verizon for Innovative Green Initiatives in Supply Chain- 2022
Not to brag but check out some of Ryder's most recent recognitions
World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune, Top Women to Watch in Transportation 2022 by WIT, America’s Most Responsible Companies by Newsweek, “Top Women to Watch in Transportation” in 2022 by WIT, Ryder Recognized for America’s Most Responsible Companies by Newsweek.
Our people are our most invaluable asset. Don’t have to take our word for it, just hear what our employees want to share!
This position is designed to be completed within 18-24 months for Californian cities of Hayward, San Francisco, Benicia, San Jose, Stockton.
The Operations Management Trainee (OMT) will support the shop management process and assist in cost savings, customer retention, and metric-based initiatives. This trainee will work cross-functionally across Operations, Asset Management, B2B Sales, Quality control, and Rental Management.
This program is fast-paced and touches every aspect of the operations unit. In this role, you will acquire proven industry knowledge, skills, and resources to develop your operations & fleet maintenance background.
We highly encourage you to carve out your own career path and promote from within, based on performance. If you're motivated, coachable, and looking to get your management career started, you've come to the right place. Structured work weeks, rotational Saturdays, and competitive pay.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We offer a full benefits package including:
- Salary range $45k-55K (range may vary depending on geographical location)
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Medical, Dental, & Vision insurance
- Paid Training (for the job you’re in today & the one you want in the future)
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Access to Ryder discounts including cars, cell phone services, etc.
- & more
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Your go-getter attitude
- Thirst for learning
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced skills in MS Word & Excel
This position is NOT remote and vacancies become available throughout the year per business needs and also due to promotions out of this role as our internal promotion rating is over 85%.
Visit Careers to see what else we can offer you.
- Responsible for the customer relationship activities by providing quality customer interface, proactive customer management, issue resolution, and customer satisfaction
- Coordinate with the rental department to ensure maximum utilization without compromising lease customers
- Partner with Sales staff on customer calls for new business and increased customer satisfaction
- Manage running costs and maintenance overheads. Ensure policy and processes are followed to optimize running costs and maintenance overhead
- Accountable for coordinating with Maintenance, Asset Management, Sales, and Marketing to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ensure accurate PM scheduling and follow-up, breakdowns, and vehicle status updates; oversee Technician work planning for efficiency, training, and flexibility
- Relocation within the business unit at the conclusion of the training program is required
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Related Job Opportunities for nationwide locations: https://app.joinhandshake.com/emp/jobs/6798593/edit?initial_page=4
#FB #INDexempt #LI-post