Fleet Asset Management Specialist
Summary of Job Purpose:
Responsible for handling any North American customer requests related to Pool assets by managing the stock of Safran Helicopter Engines USA, involving the sizing, the localization, the global immobilization loop follow-up as well as financial encumbrance analysis.
Interacts with Safran Helicopter Engines worldwide repair centers and coordinates with Corporate to support North American Front Offices and customers.
Proactively anticipates, resolves problems, and creates conditions to support the customer requests and achieves the target service rate provided to the operators.
Responsible to reach the inventory value target. Demonstrate creative problem solving skills along with proficient Safran Helicopter Engines processes knowledge to propose process change and improvement initiatives as well as customized solutions for customer needs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review all the types of requests (Standard Exchange, rental, outright sales and consignments) and interact with other Safran Helicopter Engines Pool sites if needed to find the best and creative solution to ensure customer requirement is met on time, and the service rate target reached
• Provide the appropriate assets to Front Offices for any customer requests
• For customized requests, build materials specifically in order to meet the customer's technical criteria or budget.
• Coordinate with the Corporate the worldwide answers to requests and participate to the overall customer satisfaction
• Ship engines to foreign countries
• Ensure the commercial policy application
• Manage the stock ensuring to always have a safety stock
• Manage the launches of materials in repair, considering the “just-in-time” concept with the repair shop to reduce the overall pool inventory cost.
• Select the appropriate materials to be repaired, considering a cost analysis and the customer satisfaction
• Define the appropriate repair center and coordinate the induction through a slotting process with the MPS Manager
• Ensure the normal progress of the engines in repair as per the TAT goal, and prioritize (communicating with the shop) if needed considering the future customer's requirements
• Manage the distribution of the Safran Helicopter Engines USA materials through our different storage locations
• Participate to the stock sizing process and its distribution target per status (Available, WIP…) and revise the stock to take into account any seasonality, customer flying trend changes and new contracts signed
• Review the entire stock periodically to ensure all the serviceable assets have not reached a limit (storage or calendar), the consignment stock is accurate, the assets blocked have an action plan in order to release them and to ensure the stock is rotating appropriately
Required Competencies; Education / Knowledge / Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or four years of experience in aviation mechanical, engineering or technical position
• Mechanical/technical /interpersonal-Advanced- Skills must be adapted to the unique requirements of the organization.
• Advanced - Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, sharePoint preferred
• 3+ years of advanced spreadsheets skills (pivot tables, charts/graphs, excel formulas, etc…) preferred
• Experience in delivering results under pressure and take decisions
• Experience in working across cultures and being sensitive to local sensitivities
• Lean sigma or project management certification would be an asset
• Able to multitasks, autonomous and proactive