Louisiana State Coordinator II
Application Closing Date: December 7, 2022
Anticipated Start Date: December
Organizational Profile: We seek an individual with demonstrated talent, passion, and desire to promote and grow the Nation’s leading upland wildlife habitat conservation organization. Pheasants Forever (PF) and Quail Forever (QF) have over 700 chapters, 149,000 members and an $87 million annual budget.
This individual will be responsible for leading the Louisiana QF Team and working to coordinate with State, Federal, and NGO partners to address conservation priorities within the State of Louisiana.
· Supervise a team of talented conservation delivery staff who specialize in private land conservation technical assistance, habitat management, communication, and education.
· Build and maintain a strong organizational culture emphasizing leadership, personal and professional development, and mentorship for all the members of the Louisiana QF team.
· Ensure the Louisiana QF team delivers superior customer service as staff interact with landowners, partners, volunteers, and members of the public.
· Collaborate with partners serving as the principal liaison between QF and the Natural Resources Conservation Service, Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries, and other governmental/resource agencies for the implementation and acceleration of existing programs including the Working Lands for Wildlife Bobwhite Quail Initiative, EQIP, CSP, AWEP, CRP, and others.
· Co-author, administer, and manage grants and programs that deliver the QF habitat mission and strategies in Louisiana. This could include federal and state partner grants and agreements, NFWF grants, Foundation grants, as well as delivering the goals and priorities within the Call of the Uplands Campaign.
· Work closely with the QF Regional Representative and South Region Leadership Team to expand and strengthen our QF chapters in Louisiana.
· Serve as the principal in-state Conservation Delivery team liaison with the Grants Administration Department to deliver grant funded mission; the Development Team to advance unrestricted funding streams; the Governmental Affairs staff to coordinate state policy activities, and the Marketing Team to provide materials and information to media sources in Louisiana.
· Work with Director of Conservation Delivery, South Region Manager, Programs Team, and Governmental Affairs staff to coordinate state legislative and policy activities, responses, and relationships.
· Foster existing, and cultivate new partnerships with businesses, the outdoor industry and tourism to support community-based conservation focused on maintaining a vibrant and diverse economy with high quality of life for current and future generations.
· Build and expand partnerships with groups that represent agriculture and the identify areas for collaboration and mutual benefit as it relates to soil, water, and wildlife benefits on working lands.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
· BS/BA in Related Field with a minimum 3 years of professional experience.
· Excellent oral and written communication as well as organizational skills.
· Demonstrated ability to lead and coach effectively.
· Demonstrated ability of organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to work effectively with multiple partners and staff.
· Ability to work independently with little supervision and with diverse personalities.
Starting Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To Apply: Please combine your cover letter, resume, and 3 references into a single Word Document or PDF File before uploading to the “Resume” section of your application on our Recruitment website at: www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs.
For more information about the position, contact Tim Caughran, Director of Conservation Delivery – TCaughran@quailforever.org or Sara Lyda – Manager of Conservation Delivery – Slyda@quailforever.org
Pheasants Forever, Inc and Quail Forever is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other category that may be protected by law.