2023 Electrical Engineer (Bachelor's Level) - Early in Career Opportunity!
Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale helps our customers – who make smartphones, supercomputers, virtual reality headsets, autonomous vehicles and more – transform their ideas into reality. Our innovations Make Possible® a Better Future.
Inside our company, we apply the idea of make possible as we work together. We value our people and teams who turn possibilities into reality by advancing our strategy, accomplishing great things and empowering others. We are deeply committed to fostering a Culture of Inclusion where every person knows they belong, feels empowered to bring their whole self to work, and is inspired to grow.
If you’re looking for a great place to grow your career, consider Applied Materials. With the data explosion and new investment in semiconductors, it’s an exciting place to be.
Electrical engineers design, develop and assess electrical and electronic equipment and systems used to produce semiconductor and display manufacturing equipment. They work with a range of technologies, including Plasma Physics, Automation & Control Systems, Motion Control, Power Distribution & RF power generation and delivery components as well as PCB analog & digital circuit design. Responsibilities include:
- Design and test a range of PCBs and modules to support a large system deployment
- Design advanced electronic systems including motion control, sensors, and/or process control
- Design AC power distribution, RF matches, RF generators, and power delivery systems
- Design and modify electrical engineering assemblies, schematics and specifications
- Troubleshoot a variety of moderately complex electrical problems
- Coordinate the procurement and assembly of electrical components and equipment
- Generate engineering test reports and perform engineering analysis
- Implement concepts for product issues and electrical solutions
- Collaborate with mechanical, RF, electrical, software, and process engineers to integrate and validate final electrical and control solution
The industry is in continuous need of innovative ways to develop faster & better products to meet the ever-increasing electrical design needs of our customers. With the largest community of semiconductor equipment developers as coworkers, the opportunity to advance are endless!
- Bachelor’s degree Electrical Engineering or related field
- Must be in good academic standing. Recommend a GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Able to solve complex problems and take a new perspective on existing solutions
- Ability to exercise judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
- Flexible and adaptable mindset
- Thrive in a results-driven culture
- Previous internship or related experience in field
- Demonstrated leadership experience in associations
- Thesis and relevant coursework
- Patents and publications
- Understand UL, Semi-S2, CE Mark, HALT/HASS
- Familiarity with E3s Cable and Harness software
- Familiarity with AutoCAD or similar CAD software
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.