Engineer I - Corporate Applications
Are you looking for a unique opportunity to be a part of something great? Want to join a 20,000-member team that works on the technology that powers the world around us? Looking for an atmosphere of trust, empowerment, respect, diversity, and communication? How about an opportunity to own a piece of a multi-billion dollar (with a B!) global organization? We offer all that and more at Microchip Technology, Inc.
People come to work at Microchip because we help design the technology that runs the world. They stay because our culture supports their growth and stability. They are challenged and driven by an incredible array of products and solutions with unlimited career potential. Microchip’s nationally-recognized Leadership Passage Programs support career growth where we proudly enroll over a thousand people annually. We take pride in our commitment to employee development, values-based decision making, and strong sense of community, driven by our Vision, Mission, and 11 Guiding Values; we affectionately refer to it as the Aggregate System and it’s won us countless awards for diversity and workplace excellence.
Our company is built by dedicated team players who love to challenge the status quo; we did not achieve record revenue and over 30 years of quarterly profitability without a great team dedicated to empowering innovation. People like you.
Microchip Technology Incorporated is a leading provider of smart, connected, and secure embedded control solutions. Its easy-to-use development tools and comprehensive product portfolio enable customers to create optimal designs, which reduce risk while lowering total system cost and time to market. The company's solutions serve more than 120,000 customers across the industrial, automotive, consumer, aerospace and defense, communications, and computing markets. Headquartered in Chandler, Arizona, Microchip offers outstanding technical support along with dependable delivery and quality.
Within the Microchip ecosystem of 18000+ employees is a growing Engineering Support Organization of 100+ Corporate Applications Engineers (CAEs) distributed across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Microchip’s Engineering Support team is a group of both new graduates and experienced team members including men and women of many cultural backgrounds and of multiple support roles. This team works together to provide design advice and consultation to clients, promote Microchip products from the vast Microchip product portfolio, and foster win-win solutions with customers. We support our clients through phone, email, Webex, Teams, and Salesforce. We do our best to have fun on the job by promoting teambuilding activities from within the group.
Are you interested in working with state-of-the-art embedded technology? Do you like working with others to solve technical problems? Do you have strong problem-solving skills? Are you creative? Do you like working with people? If you answered yes to each of these questions, then consider applying to Microchip Technology for the position of Corporate Applications Engineer.
Microchip Technology is searching for a solutions-minded engineer to join our team.
As a CAE, you will apply your knowledge of Microchip Technology’s products to help customers overcome technical challenges. You will collaborate with customers to discuss technical issues and provide guidance to help resolve issues. Successful candidates display strong communication and organization skills, as well as the ability to shift priorities and multitask. The candidate should have general knowledge of Microchip Technology products or the ability to learn them. Also, the candidate will be participating in a personalized development plan to improve their knowledge of our products, technologies, and applications.
In the role of CAE, each day will present different challenges. The successful candidate will work with a wide range of Microchip Technology’s product portfolio. There will be continuous opportunities for self-development while working with clients to help solve problems in various industries.
· C language programming.
· Hardware / software debugging.
· Help customers overcome hardware and software design challenges.
· Work with development tools to replicate customer issues.
· Provide phone and electronic support to customers.
· Participate and communicate within a global team environment.
· Author articles for Microchip's Knowledge Base, app notes, and other written collateral.
· Train internal and external customers on Microchip Technology's solutions and services.
· Summarize client needs, foster client self-sufficiency, promote system solutions.
· Execute on a personalized development plan to improve embedded knowledge.
Minimum qualifications include:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
· 0-3 years of professional experience developing embedded firmware and/or hardware.
· High level of proficiency in hardware / firmware debugging.
· High level of proficiency in C/C++.
· Ability to work with electrical schematics.
· Expertise in one or more of the following microcontroller peripherals UART, SPI, I2C, ADC, DMA, PWM.
· Strong working knowledge of electronic lab equipment, i.e. oscilloscope, logic analyzer, digital multi-meter, soldering iron and other tools.
· Pro-active problem solver.
· Highly proficient in the English language.
· Strong verbal, written, and organization skills.
· Ability to summarize, understand, verbally explain, and write about technical issues.
· Team player, with a can-do attitude.
· Accuracy and attention to detail.
· Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
· Acts decisively and with good judgment.
· Highly motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Ability to project confidence in yourself and Microchip Technology.
· Ability to work in the office at minimum 3 days a week and focus on work when working at home (ability to meet Microchip attendance policy)
Preferred qualifications include:
· Desire to work with customers.
· Prior customer support experience.
· Familiarity with Microchip tools.
· Knowledge of protocols - Ethernet, CAN, LIN, USB, Bluetooth, PCI (any is a plus).
· Programming or Hardware skills (Altium, soldering)