Intern – Algorithm & Research Engineer – Bothell, WA - Summer 2023
Intern – Algorithm & Research Engineer – Bothell, WA - 2023
Are you interested in an Internship opportunity with Philips? We welcome individuals who are currently pursuing an undergraduate (BS), (MS) degree or PhD to apply for an Algorithm & Research Engineer Internship role at our site in Bothell, WA. Through this role you will gain meaningful, hands-on experience in engineering for a HealthTech company.
Effective Tuesday, January 4, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Philips. Employees with a sincerely held religious belief and/or disability impacting their ability to obtain the COVID vaccine can request a reasonable accommodation.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Improve people's health and enabling better outcomes across the health continuum from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment and home care. Philips leverages advanced technology and deep clinical and consumer insights to deliver integrated solutions.
You are responsible for
Contributing to the design, development and verification of algorithms. Contributes to the innovation of new products, using the latest technologies and resources.
- Work with a team to develop creative and innovative medical device algorithms to improve patient care and advance the field of resuscitation and critical care science through innovative product development and research.
- Help with tasks to develop signal processing algorithms to analyze electrocardiogram (ECG) and other waveforms for AEDs and advanced defibrillators/monitors.
- Run verification and validation procedures for algorithms as directed.
- Develop and test tools and databases for algorithm development as directed.
- Create engineering documents to comply with product development policies, practices and procedures.
- Contribute to research programs and projects.
- Work with engineering, regulatory and marketing on innovations to advance products and features.
- Contribute to external publications and conferences as appropriate.
- Support company in quality transformation, CAPAs and audits as needed.
You are a part of
A small collaborative team that contributes to the development of automatic external defibrillators (AEDs) and advanced resuscitation and critical care devices, working with groups throughout the world to innovate medical devices and ensure patient care.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Working toward BS/MS/PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, EE, ME, Biomedical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in software and mathematical models to design, develop and validate custom algorithms preferred.
- Working knowledge of MATLAB and good programming practices preferred
- Experience with ECG analysis and algorithm development preferred
- Familiarity with analog ECG acquisition hardware preferred
In return, we offer you
The chance to be part of a team that is impacting the lives of people daily, while using your unique skills as part of a collaborative team.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to Bothell, WA.
How we work at Philips
Our newly adopted hybrid work concept fuses flexibility with collaboration to deliver great outcomes for our people and our customers. We are embracing an approach wherein we spend more time together than apart – which for full-time employees translates to an average of at least 3 days working from the office and up to 2 days from home – for our hybrid roles.
Hybrid work flexibility means people can meet the changing demands of work and home in the most balanced, productive, and healthy way.
Our hybrid working model is defined in 3 ways:
We believe in the importance of impactful collaboration: There's a certain energy when everyone’s in the same room that can heighten idea generation and creative friction needed for problem-solving.
We embrace flexibility: Choosing where, when, and how to work can vary according to task and team schedules. Flexibility isn’t office or online, it means choosing the space that works best for you, your teams, and our customers on a case-by-case basis.
We want to be at our best: The way we work, and our workspaces are designed to support our well-being, offer career advancement opportunities, and enable us to be at our best.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
Visit our careers website to explore what it’s like working at Philips, read stories from our employee blog, find information about our recruitment process and answers to some frequently asked questions.
Philips Electronics Ltd is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.