Transportation Analyst Intern
We are seeking a full-time Transportation Analyst Intern located in our Olathe, KS office. In this role, you will be responsible for performing aspects of manufacturing and distribution operations activities, as applies to production, warehousing, and global product distribution to include process design/improvement, process documentation and checklist, cost/benefit analysis of projects, and reporting of results to management.
- Design and help implement efficient product flow processes that enhance the productivity and accuracy of product movement
- Analyze and model options for global distribution networks and provide recommendations for best options
- Prepare reports based on findings and present reports to peers/management and prepare flow charts/diagrams as needed
- Design performance metrics and scorecards that monitor carrier and freight forwarder spend delivery performance, transit times, compliance service levels, etc.
- Prepare, maintain, and distribute metrics and reports to global stakeholders to facilitate monitoring and management of volume, cost, performance, and organizational shipping behavior
- Communicate effectively with domestic and international transportation partners
- Prepare and present analysis based on contract and rate proposals from carriers
- Conduct cost/benefit analysis for transportation modeling scenarios
- Perform global transportation network optimization analysis (reduce costs and transit times)
- Utilize Microsoft Excel to perform complex data analysis of logistics related data sets
- Collect, organize, validate, ensure integrity, and transform data for use analysis, procurement, metrics, systems, and operations
- Maintain essential knowledge of domestic and international carrier rates, transits, and service offerings in order to perform accurate cost and service comparisons for internal customers
- Collaborate with team members, internal customers, and external partners to achieve successful completion of duties
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Operations, Supply Chain Management, or related field
- Excellent academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 as a general rule)
- Proficient using MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Superior organizational and analytical skills with keen attention to detail and quality
- Outstanding academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.5)
- Previous experience in a manufacturing, warehousing, or distribution operations
- Fluent in statistical analysis or data analytics
This job must be performed within commuting distance of the office listed above.
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.