Strategic Supply Chain Intern
We are seeking a full-time Operations Intern for our Olathe Kansas Office. In this role, you will be responsible for performing aspects of manufacturing and distribution operations activities, as applies to production, warehousing, and global product distribution to include process design/improvement, process documentation and checklist, cost/benefit analysis of projects, and reporting of results to management.
- Design and help implement efficient product flow processes that enhance the productivity and accuracy of product movement
- Provide analysis and input on physical layout design of workspace for maximum flexibility and productivity
- Analyze, design and improve methods, functionality, and ergonomics to enhance productivity, reduce fatigue, and ensure a safe environment
- Analyze and provide input on traffic flow of product within production/warehouse systems
- Streamline product movement activities to decrease cycle time of material flow
- Determine space requirements for various functions and plan or improve production methods including layout, production flow, tooling and production equipment, material, fabrication, assembly methods and staffing requirements
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing/distribution requirements and to analyze product or process performance
- Design processes, tools or systems utilizing/applying knowledge of engineering principles
- Analyze new product introduction processes for efficiency and create tools and checklists to improve efficiency of future product launches
- Analyze and model options for global distribution networks and provide recommendations for best options
- Prepare reports based on findings and present reports to peers/management and prepare flow charts/diagrams as needed
- Recommend and provide analysis on machinery that enhances manufacturing and distribution functions and develop/maintain maintenance documents that record compliance
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain Management, or related field
- Excellent academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 as a general rule)
- Proficient using MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Superior organizational and analytical skills with keen attention to detail and quality
- Outstanding academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.5)
- Previous experience in a manufacturing, warehousing, or distribution operations
- Fluent in statistical analysis
- Speak, read, and/or write in Spanish, German, or French
This job may not be performed in CO, CA, or CT.
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.