Mechanical Engineering Intern - Summer 2023
BWXT currently has an opening in Euclid, OH for an intern in the Assembly & Test Engineering Group. The position will allow for both hands-on learning and exposure to a professional work environment in the field of electromechanics. The position is full-time. Candidates should be students who are pursuing a Bachelor's degree, preferably in their sophomore or junior year of studies in Mechanical Engineering. Experience with 3D CAD software is desirable. Candidates should be approachable and motivated and should have good listening, writing, and verbal communication skills.
- Review and modification of tooling and fixture drawings using Pro-E CAD software.
- New tooling and fixture design.
- Process improvement projects, including updating work procedures and implementing new tooling and equipment.
- Investigation and resolution of issues in the plant, including part rework operations.
- Other engineering tasks and responsibilities as required.
- Enrollment in a Bachelor of Science program in Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge and understanding of stress analysis
- Basic familiarity with engineering drawings and geometric tolerancing
- Strong verbal and technical writing skills
- Experience with Pro/E Creo CAD software preferred
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE security clearance