HR Internship - Association Services YMCA
The Y is committed to strengthening communities. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to have the Y experience. We strengthen the foundations of community by developing successful youth, engaging people in healthy living, and instilling a commitment to social responsibility.
The Human Resource Intern provides project support to the HR Team designed to provide on-the-job training and experience.
- Manage databases and input information, data, and records.
- Research and gather documentation.
- Assist in preparing information and research materials.
- Engages in various work assignments, projects, and activities of varying complexity, structured to enable the intern to gain the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform at a professional level.
- Receives training and mentorship in planning and carrying out activities and assignments.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Human Resources Management or Business major
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to understand and follow complex, detailed technical instructions.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Some experience in an office environment preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and resume databases.
This is a part time at 20 hours weekly. Schedule requirements are Tuesday through Friday, 5 hour shift between the hours of 8:00am - 4:00pm. This is a 12 week internship with the potential to go longer.
Welcoming and Inclusion:
At the Y, we welcome everyone whose behavior adheres to our core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. We advance our cause by building a stronger and more equitable community where everyone has the opportunity to learn, grow, thrive, and reach their full potential with dignity. The Y is a force for building bridges among all people–regardless of ability, age, birthplace, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, race, or sexual orientation. The Y is for all.
How to Apply:
External candidates must complete an online application. If you have any questions regarding the position please visit our website at www.ymcatvidaho.org or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All current YMCA staff must apply through their UKG account, and updated resume and cover letter is recommended. Previous YMCA staff may email their updated resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the name of the job they are applying for in the subject line or apply through their existing UKG account.