Are you looking for a company where you can work on interesting and challenging projects? A place that is committed to your career growth and where the focus is on people and the work they believe in?
Alta Science and Engineering has an internship opening to support civil or environmental engineering projects throughout the Inland Northwest. This role will involve field and office work. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and work well with a creative and fun team. Under the guidance of experienced staff, the successful candidate will learn from teams that include engineers, scientists and clients. This position is available May 2023 and is based in our Boise, Moscow, or Kellogg, Idaho offices. The hours can be part time or full time depending on selected candidate’s schedule and availability for the summer with opportunity to continue.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Carry out assessment and design tasks on projects such as stream and meadow restoration, remedial design activities at hazardous waste sites, flood control, culvert replacements, etc.
- Civil Design support including; field investigations, AutoCAD/Drafting support, modeling, working with suppliers, and cost estimating
- Field work including surveying support
- Complete project tasks on time and maintain quality assurance and quality controls.
- Assist in preparing project deliverables (design documents, bid packages, reports, memoranda, etc.).
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism at all times during client and staff interaction.
- Actively promote good Health and Safety practices at all times
- Pursuit of a Bachelor's degree in civil or environmental engineering from an accredited university, having completed at least 3 years of college classes; or recent graduate.
- Solid knowledge of hydrology, geomorphology, and hydraulics
- Effective written and verbal communication skills; strong technical writing skills
- Strong computer skills, with solid working knowledge of MS Office Software packages, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills will be critical for successful completion of tasks
- Ability to conduct field work, in some cases in adverse weather conditions and on rough terrain
- Valid driver’s license with insurable driving record
- A passion for natural systems
- Students who have passed or are scheduled to take the EIT exam will be strongly considered for this position.
- Working knowledge of design software, specifically AutoCAD® Civil 3D®
- Pay depends on experience and abilities
- Position will be filled after identification of suitable candidate(s).
Alta is a government contractor and equal opportunity employer of veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals in other protected classes. Alta does not discriminate in hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Alta hires and promotes individuals on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. We will provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants. Please see the “EEO is the Law” poster on our website or in our offices. If you require assistance to complete the application process, please contact our Human Resources department at (208) 336-7080.