Environmental Protection Specialist
You will provide leadership and expertise in environmental programs, studies, policy, regulations and laws and implement environmental programs and activities.
As an Environmental Protection Specialist, you will:
- Serve as FHWA’s lead professional staff in policy and program development, implementation and assessment
- Serve as a principal source of knowledge for coordinating t program activities with other offices in FHWA and with other agencies.
- Guide the development and dissemination of outreach materials to provide technical assistance to State and local officials on policy matters and information to the general public and to foster interagency awareness of, and collaboration.
- Prepare analysis of legislative provisions and makes recommendations on both proposed and final legislation.
- Provide leadership in the implementation of policies, programs and procedures relating to transportation.
- Provide guidance and coordination with other disciplines at FHWA, other modal Administrations and offices in the Department of Transportation, other Federal, State, and local agencies, and professional associations on Federal transportation funding, Federal-Aid program implementation, and project-oriented problems.
The ideal candidate is a mid to senior level professional who functions independently and demonstrates leadership in team environments and/or managing people. The ideal candidate also has strong analytical, strategic planning, and communication skills. Experience in the analysis and/or improvement of environmental policy and an ability to meet organizational goals is desirable.