Accountant - Eagle Grove
Ag Processing Inc (AGP) is looking for an Accountant to join the team at our office in Eagle Grove, Iowa! This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience and exposure to a variety of accounting functions at multiple processing facilities. This position involves analytical and problem-solving skills which will prepare the successful candidate for future advancement opportunities within the company and a long-term career with an industry leader!
This is not your typical accountant position as it will focus on building relationships and working partnerships with other AGP locations. This position reports to the Eagle Grove office and is part of a team of accountants that are cross trained to oversee our Iowa plants of Eagle Grove, Emmetsburg, Algona as well as Dawson, MN accounting functions with monthly travel to work out of our office in Dawson.
- Daily review of various accounting activities
- Assisting in mid-month and month-end physical inventory of plant commodities
- Prepare accurate and timely production work papers for the accounting close
- Prepare journal entries
- Maintain assigned capital & expense project records
- Reconcile general ledger account balances
- Prepare & analyze financial statements and prepare various other financial information
- Assist with product invoicing, grain settlements, payroll and budgets
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Ability to make sound business judgments in resolving generally understood and/or more complex accounting issues
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in Oracle experience is preferred
- Strong skills in planning, organizing, problem solving, decision making and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to complete physical inventory of plant commodities by means of climbing ladders and tall platforms
Ag Processing Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.